DVD playback issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
-al-

DVD playback issue

Post by -al- »

Ok I did have working DVD playback but updated through the mint update tool, and now my dvds in fact any movie format flickers and strobes when playing back, i know it is an issue with the fglx update but is there anyway to roll it back to before the upgrade other than a clean install and then beingt selevtive about upgrades

Alan
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: DVD playback issue

Post by msuggs »

-al- wrote: is there anyway to roll it back to before the upgrade other than a clean install and then being selective about upgrades
Open the Package Manager, find the package you want to downgrade then choose 'Force Version' from the 'Packages' menu.
-al-

Post by -al- »

it wont let me force a rollback of the packages that I believe are the culprits.

fglrx-amdcccle-envy
fglrx-control-envy
fglrx-kernel-source-envy

my only option now would be to completely remove the ATI drivers and reinstall, unless anyone has any further ideas
-al-

Post by -al- »

will try that, but i had compiz up max before the update and everything was working fine, i would hate to have to have compiz off to watch dvd's i like my eyecandy :roll:

EDIT:

Well it was compiz, abviously doesnt like the updated packages!

Return to “Sound”