Mint's menu and AWN

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eeezzzeee

Mint's menu and AWN

Post by eeezzzeee »

Hey guys,
Not sure which would have been the best forum to put this question in but this might be a pretty easy question to answer so I'll put it here.
Is there a way to put the Mint menu in an AWN dock? I've been working on my Desktop the past few days and have also been playing around with AWN in virtualbox on a xubuntu guest that I don't mind messing up, and I was wondering if the Mint Menu could be place in the AWN dock. I like how AWN looks, but I don't want to lose the functionality of the Mint Menu.
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: Mint's menu and AWN

Post by msuggs »

The mint menu is a gnome panel applet. I don't think this would be possible. The menu applet available in awn is a reasonable replacement.
eeezzzeee

Re: Mint's menu and AWN

Post by eeezzzeee »

Thanks for the reply, I will have to do some experimenting to see if the awn menu will work for me.

Return to “Beginner Questions”