Rythmbox + Lan share

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tha_lode

Rythmbox + Lan share

Post by tha_lode »

Hi all. This is my first post here!

I recently needed to rip my entire cd-collection to save it from being loved to pieces by my 11 month old daughter. Suddenly I needed an MP3 player by the stereo that can stream from my XPsp3 server. I thought this would be a good time to try out Linux. I tried Mythbuntu, but it didn't work for some reason, but Linux Mint did, and so here I am. Incredible stuff this OS and the Mint package is just stunning. The amount of work put into this must have been huge. I am fairly used to both Win and OSX and must say I found Mint to be very nice and easy to use.

My first question is this:

I use Rythmbox to play music, since it seems to be the only app that can index a network share and remember the share afterwords. The app seems user-friendly enough, but I can't get it to access the share without unlocking the keyring. Nautilus has the same problem. Where can I enable access for Rythmbox to the share or maybe it is the keyring?

If you guys have another recommendation for which player I should use I am open to suggestions. My wife is used to Itunes, so something that is similar is preferred.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Rythmbox + Lan share

Post by Husse »

without unlocking the keyring
Which means?
I ask to avoid misunderstanding
tha_lode

Post by tha_lode »

Heh... I see that I use a lot of words to ask the following simple question:

After I turn the Computer on, how can I access the Lan-share without typing in a password.
Husse

Post by Husse »

This is not the same and for older versions but do check it out
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... =53&t=3372

Return to “Beginner Questions”