Sound Editor.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hjess

Sound Editor.

Post by Hjess »

Hi.

I'm looking for a small program witch are able to cut all instruments out, and keep the lyrics - is that possible? - and even in linux?

/~HJess
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Sound Editor.

Post by Husse »

This is even theoretically impossible unless you have access to the original recording with one track per instrument (or at least one vocal track and one instrumental) and I think digital sound does not change this
That said there are examples where this has been done with varying success. If you want to have anything near hifi I don't think it can be done - there will always be residues from the instruments...
This is way more complex than noice reduction and removal of clicks and other unwanted sounds
Audacity is actually one of the more competent programmes
I've discussed this (long ago) with a highly qualified sound technician but I'm beginning to forget most of it
This win programme claims it has vocal removal - the opposite of what you want
http://www.wavosaur.com/features.php
Hjess

Post by Hjess »

Thanks husse.

I will take a look into Audacity - the reqirement is nothing real, just a cool text in a song I wanted as a ring tone when my mobile calls ;)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well I think that would be possible - the demands for fidelity is not all that high :)
It goes down to removing parts of the spectrum and more....

Return to “Software & Applications”