Help getting compiz going

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mortal Light

Help getting compiz going

Post by Mortal Light »

I just installed linux mint today and I can't seem to get the advanced compiz settings to work. I'm running Mint on a Sony Vaio vgn fz140e with an Intel GMA X3100 integrated graphics card. I did manage to get the advanced compiz settings to work while playing around with gutsy gibbon months ago, but I Can't recall how it was done. Any help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Re: Help getting compiz going

Post by msuggs »

When you say 'can't get the advanced settings to work', what do you mean? Which control panels etc are you using to try and activate the settings?
Mortal Light

Post by Mortal Light »

I was using both the Advanced desktop Effects Settings and the Simple CompizConfig SettingsI somehow got most of the settings to work, but the onscreen fire and water effects Don't seem to work properly. The onscreen fire effect cannot be turned off once activated and the screen goes partially blank when teh rain settings are activated. Both effects worked fine while testing gutsy gibbon a few months back.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

Water doesn't work properly with my integrated Intel card either but Fire is okay. Perhaps it's just a limitation of the card.

Return to “Beginner Questions”