Please help! NO SOUND from Nvidia MCP55

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Justin

Please help! NO SOUND from Nvidia MCP55

Post by Justin »

Hi All,

I am very new to Linux, so new that I just installed it yesterday. This is my story:

I ran Envy to install Nvidia drivers, all was good until reboot, then I was stuck (perpetually) in low graphics mode.
I searched for a solution and found that the following:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh xserver-xorg
when ran outside of the gui solved my video problems, yeppie!

I then noticed no audio, none! When I click the speaker in the corner I get "No volume control of GStream plugins found and/pr devices found" ...oh crap!
When I run lspci the audio detected is the following: "00:0f.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP55 High Definition Audio (rev a2)"

I have searched very hard and found little that explains what the heck I've got to do to get some sound. Perhaps I can across a solution, but unfortunately I am not knowledgeable enough to understand it.

Can anyone help me listen to my computer again????

Thanks again
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jrd

Re: Please help! NO SOUND from Nvidia MCP55

Post by jrd »

Type cat /proc/asound/modules in the terminal and let us know what that brings up. Also does Envy install all drivers including sound or just the graphics ones *(I've never used it)?

Return to “Hardware Support”