How to remove the default menu? - Resolved

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mtronix

How to remove the default menu? - Resolved

Post by mtronix »

The default menu that was installed when I installed Mint 5 today doesn't work correctly or maybe the menu editor doesn't work, I'm not sure. I'm referring to the menu in the lower left corner labeled Elyssa.
I would like to remove it altogether and install what I think is referred to as the "legacy menu".
Any help or links would be appreciated.

Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to remove the default menu?

Post by lakehousetech »

Just right-click it, and select 'remove from panel'. Once it's gone you can right-click once again on the panel and select 'add to panel'. Both menu options are there to select. Have fun.
mtronix

Re: How to remove the default menu? - Resolved

Post by mtronix »

Ahh, so easy . Thank you.

Mike
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How to remove the default menu? - Resolved

Post by lakehousetech »

No problem. Welcome to the Linux Mint community!

Return to “Beginner Questions”