Ultra-sexy font rendering

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Ultra-sexy font rendering

Post by kanishka »

Download the simple configuration file and follow the instructions from here: http://rewind.themasterplan.in/2007/07/ ... n-kubuntu/
and you will re-boot on the most beautiful fonts ever! :shock:
Really gorgeous. I'd put this file as a default in Mint!

P.S. In Elyssa KDE I had to reapply the full antialiasing (I have a LCD) and restart X again to reach the proper font Heaven :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sourwire

Re: Ultra-sexy font rendering

Post by sourwire »

Hm... I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but this _does_ look good.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Alpha-Geek »

I had already selected "liberation fonts" for system & Mozilla apps. I also was using the "sub-pixel smoothing" setting in Appearances. I thought my fonts looked pretty darned good. I installed the script anyway & I THINK it made an improvement. But, it didn't hurt anything. 8)
StevOz

Post by StevOz »

Thanks for the tip, not only does this provide the cleanest best fonts I've ever used, but it also fixed something in my shut down. I used to get a few lines of text, flashed up fairly quick and shut down was not a problem but now I get no text and straight to the shutdown graphic, sweet. :)
StevOz

Post by StevOz »

kirsch92 wrote:Will this work for Gnome, or is this a KDE only sorta thing?
I'm using the main gnome Elyssa edition here and it worked a treat for me, so yes it does work fine within gnome.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kanishka »

Nice idea! 8)

Return to “Chat about Linux”