Cannon Digital Camera

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arron

Cannon Digital Camera

Post by Arron »

Hi

I have a Cannon A640 digital camera. I recently upgraded to Mint 5 from Mint XFCE 4, and Ubuntu 7.10 for another pc. My digital camera worked fine before, but now it does not seem to want to connect to get the pictures when i plug in the usb cable, this is my syslog:

Code: Select all

Aug 12 20:14:15 pump-chump kernel: [ 1028.424525] usb 3-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
Aug 12 20:14:15 pump-chump kernel: [ 1028.578836] usb 3-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
I do not know the command to add to the Removable Drives and Media settings to make it copy them over. I installed F-Spot, and not to impressd with that either, although i can download them. in that program only.

So on with my questions:

What is the default program for Ubuntu to download the pictures from the camera?

How can i get this to run by default when plugged in?

How do i make this mount like a usb file device like ubuntu does?

Thanks

Arron

* no this is not a Ubuntu vs Mint thread, I just like the way Ubuntu handled the camera pics, and more importantly my wife as well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Arron

Re: Cannon Digital Camera

Post by Arron »

Ok, I have found Ubuntu's photo program and import, gthumb. Got it installed and running. I have it importing on connection now, by using

Code: Select all

gthumb --import-photos
in the Removable Drives and devices dialog.

Seems to work, but i get an error:

"The folder contents could not be displayed"

when it first opens, I hit ok, then it proceeds on. Anyone know what this error is? How do i get it to default to my ~/Pictures folder? I suspect this might be the error, because it defaults to Home on where to save it to. As well to get it to mount the drive as well would be very nice.

Return to “Sound”