iPod

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rivenought

Re: iPod

Post by rivenought »

You may wish to view threads such as http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... pod#p44072 to give you some pointers. If you search this forum using some key words such as "ipod" or "acc," you might come up with some more threads. Also, do not forget that there is some good info over in the Ubuntu forum. With the popularity of the iPod, I am sure others have already figured out what you need to do. Have fun, and good luck!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

gtkpod is a great tool for managing music and playlists on your ipod. As for aac files you'll find that the encrypted ones won't play in Linux but you'll be able to move them around and manage them with gtkpod.

iPod's also play mp3's so it isn't always necessary to convert to aac.
Steve Payne

Post by Steve Payne »

Does gtkpod play well on Mint KDE 5? I know it's supposed to be for gnome environments, but I wondered if anyone had used it in KDE and what the results were.

Thanks in advance!
Steve Payne

Post by Steve Payne »

CavalierBob,

Thanks for the advice. I did a fresh install of KDE 5 last night and didn't really have time to mess around with Adept. I've been using regular Mint for a while and it's my first foray into the Mint KDE world. Does Adept have a history of being kinda flaky compared to Synaptic? Reason I'm asking is that I did a fresh burn & install of KDE because Adept kept crashing. Never, ever had that problem with regular Mint (Daryna forward) using Synaptic.

Just because I'm in that kind of mood, I may do an install of XFCE and see how that goes. Funny thing is, I've done such before and ended up back in GNOME -- I guess I never learn!

Thanks again & think kindly on the U.S. -- we need all the good karma we can get right now!

Steve :mrgreen:
msuggs

Post by msuggs »

Steve Payne wrote: Does Adept have a history of being kinda flaky compared to Synaptic?
The last time I used it it was very flakey compared to synaptic, but that was some time ago.

Return to “Beginner Questions”