Fluxbox XFCE overlap - adjustments

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Fluxbox XFCE overlap - adjustments

Post by Husse »

My experience with fluxbox is close to zilch
shane, the developer of the first beta, is slowly working on an Elyssa fluxbox - unfortunately he does not have much time to spare so progress is slow...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
maybeway36

Post by maybeway36 »

Look for a program to change your default GTK theme. gtk-theme-switch might work.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

Hi!

Which version of Fluxbox CE are you using? It's been a while since Daryna Fluxbox CE... i think gtk-theme-switch is what we used... and this defines the the GTK theme in ~/.gtkrc.mine if I remember correctly.

In the current Elyssa Fluxbox CE GTK, themes and also icon themes are handled by xfce-mcs-manager. To configure these, run xfce-setting-show which will bring the XFCE settings manager. From here it should be pretty straight forward.

[EDIT] I just saw that your original post was in august... so the problem you are facing is that the theme settings are being stored in 2 different places for different apps (i think). Check if xfce-mcs-manager is run in the ~/.fluxbox/startup file. This should load the theme settings for XFCE apps. Then xfce-setting-show manager should solve your problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”