Has there been any LTSP consideration?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Has there been any LTSP consideration?

Post by bigbearomaha »

I apologize, I haven't had the chance to download any of the recent tests yet, but Iwas wondering if the Xfce version will add LTSP server capacity, I think Xubuntu does.
Not that I am trying to compare the Mint Xfce to Xubxub. In my opinion, the last Mint Xfce I did use was tremendously better than Xubxub.

I was just thinking though that having the Mint Xfce version available with/as and LTSP server would be a terrific thing. I know I would be able and willing to use it in a few multiuser environments I am working with now. not that I couldn't add it on my own, and I likely still might, if it isn't already an addition. But if it isn't, maybe something to be considered.

Anyway, I am off to now download the newest Xfce test, hoping to see what surprises are in store.

Big Bear
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bee the best you can bee.
Husse

Re: Has there been any LTSP consideration?

Post by Husse »

I know you have been into this - was it for some school project?
There will be no LTSP by default but I found packages in the repos so it is possible to add it
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Has there been any LTSP consideration?

Post by bigbearomaha »

Exactly Husse, I have a little school that has some old laptops, but may be salvageable as clients.

I thought it was in the repo so that is always an option. Thanks for the default clarification though.

Big Bear
Bee the best you can bee.

Return to “Xfce”