Help - I did something stupid

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andhraandroid

Re: Help - I did something stupid

Post by andhraandroid »

The mintmenu has the ability to reduce parts of the menu (like the applications part and the System part) to tabs on the left most side of the menu. If you see small icon like buttons try clicking them it should restore the menu to its original form.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Squirrel, welcome to Mint! I can see you are already diving in and enjoying all of the fun. I look forward to your future posts in the forum as you get accustomed to your new system. At one time, we all pretty much started in the same place you are right now. You will be very happy with Mint.
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bobpur »

You can, also, click on an empty area of the panel and click on "Add applet to panel" to re-install the deleted menu or to add further enhancements to the panel. Although, I never figured out what to do to replace a deleted panel. Been there, done that. :) :) I mean, short of re-installing the whole shebang.

Good Luck.

Return to “Beginner Questions”