how to reinstall the lock on my desk bar? fixed thanks

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
atgreen1

how to reinstall the lock on my desk bar? fixed thanks

Post by atgreen1 »

hello all i some how clicked the lock on my desk top bar and its gone how would one go about putting it back ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: how to reinstall the lock on my desk bar?

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

try rebooting or else add a Notification Area icon to the bar by right clicking and click add to panel and look for the notification area icon. I found that one time I deleted it and there seemed to be no way for it to show until i added it back in. That was a year or so ago.

Not sure what the cause was or the fix was relevant but it worked. Try it.

Oh - depedning on what theme you are using there does appear to be a little vertical blank rectangular icon in gray or whatever other color. some themes it does not appear or else is blened into the panel until it pops up as the regular icon.

on startup my lock appears - then I right click and not lock but with my theme tere is a vertical blank bar there.
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!
atgreen1

Re: how to reinstall the lock on my desk bar?

Post by atgreen1 »

hey great thank you so much that was easy :) thanks ..kl
GrayWizardLinux
Level 6
Level 6

Re: how to reinstall the lock on my desk bar? fixed thanks

Post by GrayWizardLinux »

boy I just noticed all of my typos.... atrocious.

I am glad it worked.

Welcome to Mint by the way!!!
Linux Mint - Pure Bliss!

Return to “Beginner Questions”