Monthly News – March 2023

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – March 2023

Post by clem »

WindHillWebs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Monthly News – March 2023

Post by WindHillWebs »

Hi, Just wanted to congratulate you on the direction being taken for Mint Cinnamon. As an ex Mac user and having explored most of the latest Gnome desktops including Fedora which I thought would be closer to a Mac Desktop experience, I can conclude that Cinnamon Vera on my MacBookPro 2010 is an absolute delight to use! Stable, Customisable, Fast and aesthetically beautiful! Looking forward to the latest enhancements mentioned in your March Blog!
marts123
Level 2
Level 2

Post by marts123 »

All good I suppose..
It does make me wonder how much time people spend stressing about themes and colours.
Do they actually use their computers? It sounds like some just stare at the screen, constantly tweaking the layout and colour scheme like a flower arranger working on the latest bouquet?
It all seems a bit anal to me..
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

marts123 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:21 am Do they actually use their computers? It sounds like some just stare at the screen, constantly tweaking the layout and colour scheme like a flower arranger working on the latest bouquet?
I bet some people find that enjoyable. It's a form of self-expression, a way to make things look pleasing for you and you alone. Nothing wrong with that!

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

marts123 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:21 am All good I suppose..
It does make me wonder how much time people spend stressing about themes and colours.
Do they actually use their computers? It sounds like some just stare at the screen, constantly tweaking the layout and colour scheme like a flower arranger working on the latest bouquet?
It all seems a bit anal to me..
Anal for you but not for many, if not most, people. For some people with vision problems, minor or major, different themes can be easier on the eyes. I need a dark theme to avoid eyestrain. I'm also color blind, which makes some colors impossible to be distinguished from certain other colors.

And having a variety of layouts and color schemes doesn't mean all people are going to be staring at their screens, constantly tweaking the possible combinations. Most, once they hit on the best combination for their needs (and most will do so fairly quickly), will use that combination with no further tinkering.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Post by SMG »

Moderator note: Posts discussing blog posting problems (which are now resolved) have been removed.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”