Nemo suggestions (from a Windows user)

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Sarreq Teryx
Level 1
Level 1

Nemo suggestions (from a Windows user)

Post by Sarreq Teryx »

I'd like to see some small features of Windows Explorer in Nemo.
1. the option to not show files in the right panel's tree view, and/or limit it to archives (ala archive (zip) folders). also, an option to decouple the "Show hidden files/folders" from the files pane.
2. right click dragging, and the option to hold a modifier (ctrl, alt, or shift) to change a drag operation from copy to move. maybe a different modifier to make a link.
gittiest personITW
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Nemo suggestions (from a Windows user)

Post by gittiest personITW »

Welcome to the forums.

Maybe try Double Commander. It seems to have a way to do almost everything you want.
Sarreq Teryx
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Sarreq Teryx »

unfortunately, it's also a commander style file manager. I hate those with a fiery passion.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

<objection>
Sarreq Teryx wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:39 am[...] commander style file manager. [...]
I could not do without them. No. I cannot do without them. Windows Explorer style file-managers really annoy me.
</objection>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
ironbark
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ironbark »

Sarreq Teryx wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:48 pm I'd like to see some small features of Windows Explorer in Nemo....
God forbid!
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Not every feature (suggestion) is bad, solely because Windows Explorer offers the feature. :wink:
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”