Linux Mint 21.3 the best Mint OS ever used

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Linux Mint 21.3 the best Mint OS ever used

Post by Pepi »

21.3 has turned out to be the best Mint OS I've ever used. Just love it 8) Thanks to all the developers
Last edited by karlchen on Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title: made it explain the main message more clearly by suffixing "the best Mint OS ever used"
it-place
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 21.3

Post by it-place »

Hi everyone,

I'm using Linux Mint since version 18.3 (2018?), running 21.3 now on all my systems and I'm very happy with it. I'll never going back to Windows... :wink:

Regards - Olli
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Hello All,

I'm running Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Xfce and was curious is there that much difference between Linux Mint 21.0 version and Linux Mint 21.3 version.

Thanks.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

151tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am Hello All,

I'm running Linux Mint 21 Vanessa Xfce and was curious is there that much difference between Linux Mint 21.0 version and Linux Mint 21.3 version.

Thanks.
Mainly improvements "under the hood". Good stuff, no disruption of the previous user experience. I can recommend an in-place upgrade. :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Pjotr wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:45 am
151tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:37 am Hello All,

Thanks.
Mainly improvements "under the hood". Good stuff, no disruption of the previous user experience. I can recommend an in-place upgrade. :)
I may do an in-place upgrade and see what it's like.

Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

[Will Rogers]
Zara Spook
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Zara Spook »

FWIW, I have 21.2 on one machine, 21.3 on another, if there is a difference, I cannot tell.
Maybe somebody with more experience can. I just use them, I don't fiddle around with them.
thom_A
Level 4
Level 4

Post by thom_A »

I've been using Mint Xfce for years. It's the best Xfce version, IMHO. It's well-organized compared to the others. It's rock solid and played well with all my available hardware resources. Haven't experienced any crash for years. Yeah, believe it or not.

I really have no idea why anyone would prefer MX-Linux which is listed as #1 at Distrowatch. I gave it another try the other day for the nth time and it still feels like a beta. Even some of the applications are not synching well. Sorry, but that's just probably me and I'm not here to denigrate MX devs' efforts. I tried to like it, but I still can't help but wonder... This overrating of Debian-based distros might be working well for some folks, it's stable, secure, rock solid and all these claims... It's probably like Ubuntu-based are becoming more like Windows and therefore they're to be avoided...

Just thinking out loud...
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RIH »

Zara Spook wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:15 am FWIW, I have 21.2 on one machine, 21.3 on another, if there is a difference, I cannot tell.
Maybe somebody with more experience can. I just use them, I don't fiddle around with them.
https://www.linuxmint.com/rel_virginia_whatsnew.php
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Post by rickNS »

151tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:03 pm

I would at least look at the live .iso of 21.3 before you commit to upgrading to it. There were some theme changes, and additions in 21.1, or 21.2 ? I personally did not care for, and I will continue with Mint 21 Vanessa till, Mint 22, or maybe even 23.

There were no improvements in the point releases that I need. Theme changes, No, Cinnamon improvements, do not use Cinnamon, hypnotix improvements, can not find anything worth watching (that may be my lack of understanding the program though)

Guess you can always revert with a timeshift snapshot if needed, but testing a live iso easier.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

rickNS wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:02 am
151tom wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:03 pm

I would at least look at the live .iso of 21.3 before you commit to upgrading to it. There were some theme changes, and additions in 21.1, or 21.2 ? I personally did not care for, and I will continue with Mint 21 Vanessa till, Mint 22, or maybe even 23.

There were no improvements in the point releases that I need. Theme changes, No, Cinnamon improvements, do not use Cinnamon, hypnotix improvements, can not find anything worth watching (that may be my lack of understanding the program though)

Guess you can always revert with a timeshift snapshot if needed, but testing a live iso easier.
Good idea. :idea: I believe I will create a live iso and have a look at.

[Will Rogers]

[Will Rogers]
MikeNovember
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Linux Mint 21.3 the best Mint OS ever used

Post by MikeNovember »

Hi,

I have used Linux Mint 19.x, 20.x, 21.x with Mate desktop environment.

Never seen visible changes, my desktop has always the same aspect.

What has changed is Ubuntu below Mint, with newer versions of libraries (glibc, Qt, ffmpeg...) allowing to use most recent programs versions.

There may be more differences with Cinnamon, with more bells and whistles than with Mate.

Regards,

MN

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”