Issue with Thrustmaster T248 wheel on Linux Mint 21.3

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TheRealTonyBoy
Level 1
Level 1

Issue with Thrustmaster T248 wheel on Linux Mint 21.3

Post by TheRealTonyBoy »

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble using my Thrustmaster T248 steering wheel on Linux Mint 21.3 (kernel version 6.5.0-26-generic). I followed the instructions from this GitHub repository to install the necessary drivers: <https://github.com/Kimplul/hid-tmff2>, but it did not solve the issue. When I launch Assetto Corsa Competizione, the game does not recognize my steering wheel.

Does anyone have a solution for me? Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards.
TheRealTonyBoy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Issue with Thrustmaster T248 wheel on Linux Mint 21.3

Post by TheRealTonyBoy »

MiZoG
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Issue with Thrustmaster T248 wheel on Linux Mint 21.3

Post by MiZoG »

I don't have a thrustmaster wheel but...

1. Instructions specify 2 ways of installing: "manual" and "dkms". Which way you installed this driver? I'd rather go for dkms in your place.
Without dkms whenever you get a kernel update, you will simply have to reinstall this driver. Have you tested the wheel with another, native game to find out that at least it can work?
2. github page of this project states: "Reportedly some games running under Wine/Proton won't recognize wheels without the official Thrustmaster drivers installed within the prefix." Assetto is played via proton. Did you install the official windows Thrustmaster drivers in the game prefix?
3. You're getting a clear message about upgrading the firmware on... Windows.

Return to “Hardware Support”