Why I donated

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
[dcbdbisvet]
Level 1
Level 1

Why I donated

Post by [dcbdbisvet] »

I didn't have much to donate, $20. I am retired and living on Veterans Disability (USMC Vietnam era Vet). Yep, I'm an old guy.

But I want to make it clear, I donated because of the Cinnamon 6 desktop. I use Arch based Distros (EndeavourOS and Arco Linux) because my work now needs newer packages. I install Mint on friends machines.

Cinnamon blew me away with how it just wants to be a desktop, not a be all and end all like Plasma and the KDE devs tend to go a little deeper into the "weeds" than IMHO, don't need to go that far.

The Cinnamon desktop (I came from Plasma 5, Plasma 6 is glitchy regardless of Wayland or X11). I can tell you, I will not be going back to KDE. I am sure plasma 6 will get it's issues cleaned up. But Cinnamon! WOW.

Cinnamon is beautiful, functional, easy to reset if there is a glitch. Complex enough to customize, but not overwhelming with literally a setting for everything as KDE does. I am not knocking Plasma. I AM praising those who spend time developing Cinnamon. KDE Plasma does tend to try to take over the desktop, which is another point I am not totally OK with in plasma.

Cinnamon is on point, and....well......perfect for me, and for my wife, and my friends and family.

My wife is on it and has been for > 1 year now.

I wanted to say THANK YOU for Cinnamon. As my finances allow, I will donate again. I appreciate the effort all of you have put in.

THANK YOU!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Why I donated

Post by AZgl1800 »

you and me both,
once I discovered Cinnamon, nothing else can come close to it,
look at my Signature, I am also retired, and on the dole, small as it is....
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
MichaelB1953
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Why I donated

Post by MichaelB1953 »

Same here; retired as well.

Reason for donating:
Windoz software obsoleted my older computers.

Now using Mint Mate, plain and simple, it works. :D

Thanks Linux Mint Team!

MB

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”