Not Detecting Android Phone.[Solved]

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Not Detecting Android Phone.[Solved]

Postby inktitan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:50 am

When I plug in an Android Huawei Ascend phone my Mint Debian does not mount it. I can run lsusb and it is right there. I am unable to access anything on this phone. Any thoughts. I'm not getting much info on Google or here in the forum. Thanks.
Last edited by inktitan on Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud hugger of Penguins.
Pentium D 2.8Ghz, 3 GB RAM, 1 GB Nvidia GT 240, Linux Mint Debian
“...not the strongest...survives, nor the most intelligent... It is...the [one] most adaptable to change.”~C.D.
Please do not post new topics in [solved] topics
inktitan
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Not Detecting Android Phone.

Postby willie42 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:58 am

try using Gigolo. I dont have an Android phone or anything. It is what people use for their Ipods I believe. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help you but its a start anyways.
Comptia A+ Certified Technician
Comptia Network + Certified Technician
You can not have Success without Failures.
willie42
Level 7
Level 7

Postby inktitan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:06 am

willie42 wrote:try using Gigolo. I dont have an Android phone or anything. It is what people use for their Ipods I believe. Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help you but its a start anyways.

Thanks for the speedy response but it didn't work. I think I need to install the drivers for it. But I don't know where I would find them.
“...not the strongest...survives, nor the most intelligent... It is...the [one] most adaptable to change.”~C.D.
inktitan
Level 5
Level 5

Postby ChromeMukuro on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:37 pm

i too have an android phone. if you are looking for pc mode windows media storage to work, i do not believe they will without drivers. if you are seeking only to mount the sd card, make sure you set it to usb mass storage mode, and the computer will treat the sd card like a flashdrive. just drag and drop music into the music folder on the sd card, and the phones native music app will find the music. i know this is not an android forum, but i would suggest downloading ASTRO file manager for your phone. helps when finding downloads and videos you may save to your phone

...don’t mourn your luck that’s failing now...
~The God Abandons Anthony
ChromeMukuro
Level 2
Level 2

Postby inktitan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:26 am

It's actually a friends phone and he is new to the World of Smart Phones. It automatically connects to Windows machines and he can't find the mass storage option. Any idea where I would find the drivers for it if I need them?
inktitan
Level 5
Level 5

Postby ChromeMukuro on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 am

drivers: not too sure, google, though i dont know if there are any.

to find mass storage: after plugging in the phone to the computer, unlock it so you are at the home screen. drag down the notification bar, and there should be an "ongoing" notification that it is plugged in to a computer. select it, choose "USB Mass Storage" off the resulting list, and badabingo, insta-flashdrive.

...don’t mourn your luck that’s failing now...
~The God Abandons Anthony
ChromeMukuro
Level 2
Level 2

Postby inktitan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks a bunch.
inktitan
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions