1. What is the slowest processor that Linux Mint will reasonably run on?
2. Which processor architecture is supported?
3. How little memory is need to run Linux Mint?
4. What is the smallest amount of hard disk space that Linux Mint should be installed to?
5. For the LiveCD part of Linux Mint, what is the slowest speed CD-ROM drive that Linux Mint needs?
900i wrote:Used to run on an HP Omnibook 1Ghz, speedstepped down to 733Mhz most of the time, 512mb ram, 60gig HD, 24xDVD/CDRW. No problems. Now running on rigs in sig, no problem.
KHall wrote:Just as a take on outside limitations for any who might be interested....I've got an old Compaq Presario notebook, 500mhz celeron, 92 mb Ram, and 24x CD-Rom. It came originally with Win98se. In attempting to get the machine to boot from the CD, I can get to the main Mint menu if I'm lucky (maybe on every 5th try). I've tried to install Mint twice and both times the installation stalled out about 1/2-way through (Progress meter got to 46% and never went higher after hours of waiting). It would seem that this old of a machine is simply not able to handle the demands of a new OS like Mint 5.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests