Search found 6 matches
Search found 6 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:38 pm
- Forum: Installation & Boot
- Topic: Mint forum... Life Saver
- Replies: 1
- Views: 154
I am 71 years young and new to this forum and Linux first of all . I read several comments on repairing the boot grub. First I installed mint 18.1 and Zorin along side Windows 7 on my lap top to try out the two OS's and all was working great but after I decided to use Linux 18.1 Sarah only and to re...
- Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:33 pm
- Forum: Newbie Questions
- Topic: Best way to replace my wife's computer without losing her current setup?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 1294
Well consider me slapped silly !! HAHAHA HEHEHE !z31fanatic wrote:No, it's the perfect time for him to get a SSD. Anyone still running spinning hard drives in 2017 should be slapped silly.kwisher wrote:You can also just move the existing hard drive to the new PC if it is still in good health.
- Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 pm
- Forum: Releases & Announcements
- Topic: Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” Cinnamon released!
- Replies: 48
- Views: 12312
Update from 18 to 18.1 went very smooth... another great job Clem... Thank you for all you hard work and effort.... Very much appreciated here...
- Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm
- Forum: Other topics
- Topic: Windows 8/ 10 and the chance of another convert !
- Replies: 10
- Views: 806
Windows has outlived it's usefull life time... Linux is still improving.. Awsome OS and many very nice folks keep making Linux better...Shabby wrote:No brainer - leave Windows in the past where it belongs!
- Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:23 pm
- Forum: Software & Applications
- Topic: Re: Replace 18.1 xfce with 18.1 cinn ? (Solved)
- Replies: 3
- Views: 274
Would it be possible to change 18.1 xfce back to 18.1 cinn without a complete reinstall ? That being said I am new to Linux and not proficient with terminal.