Search found 29 matches

by fantab
Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: [Solved] gimp-resynthesizer [gimp-plugin-registry]
Replies: 1
Views: 858

Re: gimp-resynthesizer [gimp-plugin-registry]

Installed it from https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/gimp-plugin-registry/download . There isn't one yet for 'jessie' (this is probably the reason why LMDE does not have gimp-plugin-registry in its official repos) and I was a bit wary of 'sid' though both wheezy and sid have same version. I ad...
by fantab
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:49 pm
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: [Solved] gimp-resynthesizer [gimp-plugin-registry]
Replies: 1
Views: 858

[Solved] gimp-resynthesizer [gimp-plugin-registry]

Reinstalled LMDE-x86_64 [Cinnamon].

I want to install "gimp-resynthesizer [gimp-plugin-registry]", but I cant find it in the 'official' repos. Where can I find it?

Regards...
by fantab
Mon May 21, 2012 11:15 pm
Forum: Installation & Boot
Topic: Mint 13 Live CD/DVD hangs during boot
Replies: 9
Views: 5833

Re: Mint 13 Live CD/DVD hangs during boot

I don't know if anyone else is having this happen, but when the CD/DVD boots it stops access the CD/DVD and I never get to the desktop. I can't figure out how to get rid of the display screen to see what command it is failing on booting. I notice that this happening with the Ubuntu edition and the ...
by fantab
Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 am
Forum: Releases & Announcements
Topic: Linux Mint 13 "Maya" RC released!
Replies: 116
Views: 68290

Re: Linux Mint 13 "Maya" RC released!

Cannot Install LinuxMint 13 "Maya"32bit Cinnamon. I get the following error message: Failed to start the X server (your graphical interface). It is likely that it is not set up correctly. Would you like to view the X server output to diagnose the problem? The "WW" on the output ...
by fantab
Thu May 17, 2012 12:04 pm
Forum: Releases & Announcements
Topic: Linux Mint 13 "Maya" RC released!
Replies: 116
Views: 68290

Re: Linux Mint 13 "Maya" RC released!

Are torrent .iso active to download 'Maya'? I tried and cannot download from here.

Are there any specific ports that LinuxMint uses for its torrent .iso? I use iptables hence the question.

Is there an alternate source to download torrent .iso for Maya?
by fantab
Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:00 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: [SOLVED]Customizing TERMINAL: Help
Replies: 7
Views: 4224

Re: Customizing TERMINAL: Help

Radar wrote:This site has a break down of the colors and numbers needed. It is for Ubuntu, but works for Mint too.

Ubuntu uses ~/.bashrc
Mint uses /etc/bash.bashrc
Thank you Radar, the link you provided solved the issue. Excellent.

How do I mark this thread as "SOLVED"?
by fantab
Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: [SOLVED]Customizing TERMINAL: Help
Replies: 7
Views: 4224

Re: Customizing TERMINAL: Help

One year ago I was wondering about the same... According to my notes: Edit /etc/bash.bashrc: gksu gedit /etc/bash.bashrc For the variable PS1, replace "'${debian_chroot:+($debian_chroot)}\[\033[01;31m\]\h\[\033[01;34m\] \W \$\[\033[00m\] '" with "PS1='\u@\h \W \$ '" Save the fil...
by fantab
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: [SOLVED]Customizing TERMINAL: Help
Replies: 7
Views: 4224

[SOLVED]Customizing TERMINAL: Help

I am customizing my LMDE. The ONLY thing that I find distasteful in LMDE is the use of mint green color schemes. I have managed to customize most of everthing to my liking. The only thing that censures my eye is the Green " me@mydesktop ~ " in the terminal. I want to change this to the col...
by fantab
Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:15 pm
Forum: Hardware Support
Topic: Monitor Preferences: unable to set Max. Resolution
Replies: 2
Views: 858

Re: Monitor Preferences: unable to set Max. Resolution

What graphics card do you have? This might be resolved by installing another driver. If you have an Intel or AMD (formerly ATI) graphics card, you can use the tool xrandr to force a monitor resolution. Short guide is here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=76085#p444558 Thanks xe...
by fantab
Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:49 am
Forum: Hardware Support
Topic: Monitor Preferences: unable to set Max. Resolution
Replies: 2
Views: 858

Monitor Preferences: unable to set Max. Resolution

I am using Katya on another PC. I have a AOC LM725 Monitor with maximum/optimal screen resolution as 1280x1024 . in Monitor Preferences the maximum available resolution in the dropdown menu is 1024x768, which is also a default selection and because of this the display size is very big to my comfort....
by fantab
Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:42 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: LMDE: Grub does not update
Replies: 4
Views: 1265

Re: LMDE: Grub does not update

fantab wrote:I have removed the previous kernel version of the "latest" LMDE 201109 i.e Linux image: 2.6.39-2 -amd64 and updated grub. However, grub still lists old, removed kernel.
Like I said, I had sudo update-grub, but it did not help...
by fantab
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:33 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: LMDE: Grub does not update
Replies: 4
Views: 1265

Re: LMDE: Grub does not update

thatsallurspaceships wrote:you can follow this thread clean up grub boot menu
I did exactly what is suggested in your link. Grub still lists removed kernel.
by fantab
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:11 am
Forum: Non-technical Questions
Topic: LMDE 201109 and UPDATE PACK 3: is this real?
Replies: 4
Views: 1431

Re: LMDE 201109 and UPDATE PACK 3: is this real?

Answered http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=82346#p477757 Thank you proxima_centauri for guiding me to the answer. I understand and acknowledge the situation. However, when you say, "Upgrading to Update Pack 3 would have postponed the release by at least a month and another ...
by fantab
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am
Forum: Non-technical Questions
Topic: LMDE 201109 and UPDATE PACK 3: is this real?
Replies: 4
Views: 1431

LMDE 201109 and UPDATE PACK 3: is this real?

I have been using Linux for just over one year. I am a Linux newb. During this one year I have installed and tried most of the major Linux Distros. I use LMDE because its pre-configured in many ways for newbs like me and is very end-user friendly. Thank you Developers. I have re-installed LMDE_amd64...
by fantab
Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am
Forum: LMDE Archive
Topic: LMDE: Grub does not update
Replies: 4
Views: 1265

LMDE: Grub does not update

I have installed LMDE 201109 -x64- gnome and have just updated with UPDATE PACK 3. The new update installed Linux image- 3.0.0.1-amd64. I have removed the previous kernel version of the "latest" LMDE 201109 i.e Linux image: 2.6.39-2 -amd64 and updated grub . However, grub still lists old, ...
by fantab
Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 pm
Forum: Compiz, Conky, Docks, & Widgets
Topic: [SOLVED]LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING
Replies: 15
Views: 4299

[SOLVED] LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING

AlbertP wrote:Then don't worry and just add [solved] to the title.
:lol: Thank you...
by fantab
Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 am
Forum: Compiz, Conky, Docks, & Widgets
Topic: [SOLVED]LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING
Replies: 15
Views: 4299

Re: LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING

This option often enables Compiz. Please report back if it doesn't work. COMPIZ was working without enabling 'gnome-compositing'. Thanks a lot wyrdoak , I have working COMPIZ now. However, when I ran compiz --replace in the terminal I got the following WARNING: WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 ...
by fantab
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:20 am
Forum: Compiz, Conky, Docks, & Widgets
Topic: [SOLVED]LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING
Replies: 15
Views: 4299

Re: LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING

AlbertP wrote:Can you enable 'gnome compositing' in the Desktop Settings (mintdesktop) program?
I apologize for my late reply to your post...
YES I can enable 'gnome compositing' .
by fantab
Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:34 am
Forum: Software & Applications
Topic: LMDE: Browsers play poor quality sound
Replies: 1
Views: 452

LMDE: Browsers play poor quality sound

The Browsers in my LMDE _64 play poor quality sound. I have Firefox and Chromium with flashplugin installed. The output sound jarrs and the sound seems to play in slow motion . There is, however, no problems with media player sounds and others. Its only the Browser Sound which is bad. I have tried u...
by fantab
Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:36 am
Forum: Compiz, Conky, Docks, & Widgets
Topic: [SOLVED]LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING
Replies: 15
Views: 4299

Re: LMDE- COMPIZ NOT WORKING

AlbertP wrote:Please post the output of:

Code: Select all

inxi -Gx
Here is what I got,

~

Code: Select all

 $ inxi -Gx
Graphics:  Card Intel 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.7.7 Res: 1920x1080@59.9hz 
           GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel G45/G43 GEM 20091221 2009Q4  GLX Version 2.1 Mesa 7.7.1 Direct Rendering Yes

Go to advanced search