Search found 74 matches

by ferri
Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

I mentioned at various charts of Top 10 Linux Distributions of 2011 that every contains Chakra Linux. And Chakra was always consider there like pure KDE progressive distribution with big future potential and one of the most beatiful distro of 2011. Is somebody here who tried it in the meantime of wa...
by ferri
Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:00 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Fandangio wrote: But "bye" again Craig. This thred will miss you!
I think that Craig must be woman. :( Because man keeps his word. :)
by ferri
Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:38 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

@disciple1964
Very good. :D
I agree with you at all.
by ferri
Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

whine whine whine :roll: And lisa gnome is hardly a failure...also gnome rules and Cinnamon is already cool and will rock by mint 13 time....kde...i've used it...other then then the pretty eye candy, gnome will always be better...KDE does have a few outstanding programs like k3b and kdenlive...but ...
by ferri
Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

mank_in wrote:I hope Lisa KDE will be good to everyone who have display problem in Gnome shell.
And who have not? Gnone shell is problem itself. :D
by ferri
Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:26 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Fandangio wrote:Not that I wish to rain on anyones parade but Katya KDE got to 100% tested and was still binned.
I think that kubuntu 11.10 is much more better base for LM 12 KDE than ubuntu base with unity and gnome 3 for LM 12 MGSE.
by ferri
Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:36 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

BubbaBlues wrote:Mint 12 KDE is 80% tested. yippee. 8)
Very good news. :D
by ferri
Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

And at PcLinuxOs it is just the opposite...KDE is King there...gnome is treated more like a third class citizen...no princess over there about it though..their forums do not permit it like mint does :wink: It IS an excellent KDE distro though i must say... :) Note one. I think you are not fair in c...
by ferri
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:02 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Not quite sure what your point is, but if it is the wait then some of us have been waiting since Mint11 was released (KDE would normally follow the Gnome edition, so it's not just one or two weeks). As for distro hopping most of us here have been there and done that. I'm waiting to update my "main"...
by ferri
Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:46 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

I do not understand you, people. I am also longtime KDE fan. But it seems to me that some peole do not have anything to do except waiting for LM 12 KDE. I have some hardware which did not work under Mandriva 2010 and I was waiting for Mandriva 2011 with hope. In the meantime I was searching and test...
by ferri
Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:03 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Well, it's really kubuntu with a bit different theming, mint tools added (like the gnome version has), codecs already installed, mint software center instead of the one that kubuntu has... and actually more gnome programs installed by default then kubuntu normally has...that sort of stuff...I playe...
by ferri
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:35 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

craig10x wrote: In the case of the KDE version...it's really just making kubuntu "minty" :lol:
I quite wonder what shall be prepared extra compared to kubuntu.
Can you give away some information?
by ferri
Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

In the case of the KDE version...it's really just making kubuntu "minty" :lol: And in fact...just a few days ago he did mention that he is working on mint kde at the same time, and there is just 3 small "issues" that need to be ironed out and then it will be going up on the testing site... :wink: I...
by ferri
Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

However, at the same time, the fact remains is that he has working on the KDE right now at the same time as Cinnamon and in fact it should soon be up for the testing stages... :) So please stop "princess and moaning" about it :roll: Thank you very much for information. :D This is according me corre...
by ferri
Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:30 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

According me there was fear from LM 12 KDE. Currently KDE is much closer common users than experiments like Unity and Gnome 3. Many people use Gnome version 11 because Gnome version LM 12 with MGSE seems them like some conglomerate and prefer rather migrate to LM12 KDE. Other words there was fear th...
by ferri
Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:00 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

I thank DeMus for asking this question because we really miss any information about LM 12 KDE.
http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/?p=53
by ferri
Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

Maybe this will help?: http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=96904.0 This I know very well. But problem of pclinuxos in my case is that it is fork of mandriva and still it is using former mandriva tool for control network connections. This tool has problem with my mobile problem. The same ...
by ferri
Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:11 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

BubbaBlues wrote: As for an easy "works out of the box" KDE distro, there is only one option for me. PCLinuxOS.
PCLinuxOS has problems with my usb mobile modem Huawei 1750. :( Currently this is my only way of connection to internet.
But ubuntu and its clones are non problematic in this case.
by ferri
Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:24 am
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

... I think that with all of the projects that Clem is doing, he is doing more than he can. I think that he should either set a realistic deadline for things (there isn't a testing iso submitted and it's Christmas Eve. He wanted to have it released by Christmas) or not do them at all. I think that ...
by ferri
Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:36 pm
Forum: KDE
Topic: Mint 12 KDE
Replies: 226
Views: 38595

Re: Mint 12 KDE

I am long time Kde fan. But this time I do not know what I think about LM 12 Kde. Is there any development or not? We would like to have some information. Despite of it I would like to wish a peacefully celebration of birth of little Jesus. This is for me the first Cristmas which I have with my wife...

Go to advanced search