Just wondering...

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Nexus
Level 2
Level 2

Just wondering...

Postby Nexus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:53 am

I talk to a lot of people and try to convince them to give Linux a try especially if all they use their PC for is E-mail and web browsing. Because of this I find it useful to set aside small partitions (8-10 GB) for installing then removing various Distributions simply for trial. Myself I keep Mint 8 64-bit and right now I'm really liking Mint 8 KDE CE 64-bit and plan to keep it as well. When I installed Mint 8 KDE CE I noticed GRUB didn't pick up and automatically configure for other operating systems. I personally now Triple Boot, (Mint 8, Mint 8 KDE CE, Vista Ultimate) and was wondering if this was a odd occurrence. Re-installing GRUB fixed it, so it wasn't a real bother but for trying to get someone to experiment with Mint that might be an issue when they put it on a small partition then can't boot back to their primary OS. It would send out the wrong message if you know what I mean.

Boo
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Just wondering...

Postby Boo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:42 am

I have had no problems with grub and multi boot.
I multi boot 6+ OS (including vista) on my main system and 4+ on my laptop.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Nexus
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Just wondering...

Postby Nexus » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:20 am

So it was probably just a me thing when it happened. All right thanks was just checking to be sure. Rather act on the side of caution myself.

Return to “KDE”