wallpapoz resurected! (info)

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
jjaythomas
Level 5
Level 5

wallpapoz resurected! (info)

Postby jjaythomas » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:27 am

The App/tool walpapoz has now been updated to version .6.1 and supports xfce :D (not sure when updated :?: )

For those that don't know this app lets you have different wallpapers per desktop through the use of a running demon.
For those not wanting to run compiz-fusion just for this feature (wallpaper or cube plugin) exspecially on older/underpowered hardware.
It might be slower but you can retain desktop icons.

P.S. there's a deb package in a ppa (google or duct duck it!) if you dont want to compile.

J.Jay
Last edited by jjaythomas on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjaythomas
Level 5
Level 5

Re: wallpapoz resurected!

Postby jjaythomas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 am

Hesoory here link.

https://launchpad.net/~ikoinoba/+archiv ... ld/3177856

P.S. actually up to 0.6.2 (but can only only find compiled deb for 0.6.1) (I allways have bad luck compiling) :oops:

izzo
Level 2
Level 2

Re: wallpapoz resurected! (info)

Postby izzo » Fri May 31, 2013 12:33 am

1) I know it's an old thread and 2) maybe not the right place to ask, but still...

mint 15 64-bit, MATE... I've previously used wallpapoz and LOVE it, but it won't work on MATE...
Any way around it?

izzo
Level 2
Level 2

Postby izzo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:43 pm

P.S. wallpapoz 0.5 WORKS on LM 15 64bit MATE. I can pop a screenshot if need be.

HOWEVER:

1) the STANDALONE works; install WILL NOT WORK. I.e. you have to launch the standalone program from the /src folder you downloaded the program in - Install WILL crash wanting Gnome
Example: python /whatever_folder/wallpapoz-0.5/src/wallpapoz

2) ONLY 0.5 WORKED! 0.6.1 and 0.6.2 did not, in my case at least.

And that's about it. Doesn't show wallpapers, for some reason it won't start the daemon from what I gather. Still looking into it though!

izzo
Level 2
Level 2

Postby izzo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:46 pm

P.P.S. It WORKS on MATE. Finally, I had the wrong version - downloaded development 0.6 from the wallpapoz github:
https://github.com/vajrasky/wallpapoz/archive/master.zip

No install needed, you have to run two files ONLY standalone - they are in /src: the wallpapoz file where you add your wallpapers and change/save settings,
and then daemon_wallpapoz to run the damon. I put the folder in my home dir, and added the daemon to my list of startup apps.

Return to “XFCE”