Versions feed / XML / JSON

Get involved, create or participate in a project.
mstanke
Level 1
Level 1

Versions feed / XML / JSON

Postby mstanke » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi.

I am a maintainer of linux-mint-czech.cz website and the only part that needs completely manual control is the download page. What I am looking for is some feed or just JSON/XML, that would allow me to automatically discover new versions of Linux Mint available for download with their links, torrents and hashes for verification. What we do is we maintain this XML, that our custom WordPress plugins parses and uses as a data source. Is there something similar provided officially?

Cheers,
Michal

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Versions feed / XML / JSON

Postby xenopeek » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:18 pm

No, I don't think there is a feed for that. The blog has a feed and all new releases are announced there first but that is not the only thing on the blog. I guess you're looking for something you can use without human involvement. A list of torrrents is on https://torrents.linuxmint.com/ so perhaps you can use that; like wget/curl that page once a day and diff it with yesterday. If it is changed it means a new release was added or a no longer supported release was removed (as will be happening with Linux Mint 13 end of this month). That way you at least have a clean signal you need to update the releases list.

Return to “Community Projects”