I wrote myself a little tool for managing kernels on Mint (and another Ubuntu machine actually) and thought maybe someone else might also find it handy. Thus, I am sharing Find the tool at: https://github.com/Schallaven/kittykernel
- Manages kernels with a handy GUI
- Can install all kernels available in repos (e.g. low-latency)
- Can remove and/or purge multiple kernels to clean up /boot (this was actually the driving point for writing this)
- If available: scrolls to the currently selected kernel in the changelog
- Convinces users by using an alliteration for its name
At the moment it uses synaptic for installing packages (it provides a handy interface to have progress-dialogs, etc), but that might change in future.