[Applet PYE] Improved an applet. Care to test?

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Themero
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Improved an applet. Care to test?

Post by Themero »

all working fine , and colourful too :D

i just wanted to try out an android emulator on windows . trouble is a lot of apps dont have working internet :(
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Drugwash »

Good to hear that. :) I like colors. You know the colorful decorations can be disabled if so desired, don't you? The rainbow button in Settings > GUI. After all I wouldn't want to force my own personal preferences onto other people. :wink:

Unfortunately can't help with anything Android, I've been staying away from Google for years in any shape or form.
Themero
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Themero »

Noooo i like the colors lol :D
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Drugwash »

OK then, enjoy while I'm pondering what to spend my last $2 on. :)
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Re: [Applet PYE] Improved an applet. Care to test?

Post by Drugwash »

Still alive despite any of my non-friends. :P

Just a heads-up for you one user of my applet. :roll: Since one of the sites I'm checking for data has recently had its certificate expired I built an emergency version that bypasses the certificate check allowing for the applet to continue working in Online mode.
If you don't mind the acceptance of the expired certificate for this minor task then please download and install the fixed version 0.0.6.4 from the first post of this topic. Hopefully it works for everybody, I only tested it in my daily 19.2 Mint and in a virtual 19.3.
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Drugwash »

Updated to v0.0.6.6. Nothing interesting - just fixed some warnings in the log and the tooltip brief "expansion" on first show.
Download link can be found in first post as usual.
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Drugwash »

Updated to v0.0.6.7.
Seems like a minor update but it's not quite so. It brings fixes for the major mess brought in by the Cinnamon 5.4 screw-up.
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

Nice work! FYI there's always gitlab as an opensource alternative to github, linuxmint use it themselves along with manjaro and a few other linux distribution projects. Should you have some webspace, you can host it yourself which enables you to use it on their free tier with support via their community forum only - https://forum.gitlab.com/

Also, there's always the chance Clem might grant you access to use Linux Mint's gitlab server as you are contributing a tool for Cinnamon here. It wouldn't hurt to ask :)
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
Drugwash
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Drugwash »

Thank you for your kindness but this kind of "collaborative" platforms do not quite suit me. Apart from myself being a "lone ranger" these platforms are built in a manner that is almost incomprehensible to me. That and their forced obsolescing of older/different browsers (me being a Pale Moon user) makes us incompatible.
I did however recently upload my applets to my GitHub account so anybody could come up with ideas, patches and whatnot although can't guarantee I'd be able to allow/merge/whatever given I can't understand almost anything related to that platform.

Return to “Programming & Development”