New Mirror on Brazil

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
condector

New Mirror on Brazil

Post by condector »

Hey,

I want to help the project. I´m professor at Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul (UFMS), Brazil and we host some open source projects as a way to help the projects.

I saw that Linux Mint has only one mirror locate on Brazil. What I need to do to host another one?

Best regards,
Brivaldo
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: New Mirror on Brazil

Post by xenopeek »

Welcome to the Linux Mint forums and thank you for considering to support the project by hosting a mirror! It should be well appreciated also by the Linux Mint users from Brazil :)

You can find the information for hosting a mirror at the top of this page: https://linuxmint.com/mirrors.php. It notes the rsync address you will need to mirror, how often you need to sync per day, and what disk space you should reserve for the mirror. Ideally you would mirror both the ISO images as well as the packages repository. I imagine you will know your way around rsync but do you need any help with that? Once you have them both up an running send an email to the email address noted on that page and Clem will check your mirror and if all is well will add it to the mirror list.
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: New Mirror on Brazil

Post by jungle_boy »

Boa iniciativa prof. Brivaldo, parabéns à UFMS pela iniciativa de contribuir com o software de código aberto!
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon

Return to “Programming & Development”