mintCast in 2018

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rhawkins

mintCast in 2018

Post by rhawkins »

We're always looking for suggestions for things to talk about or work on for mintCast. If you have any ideas, let us know! I have not been very regular here on the Linux Mint Forums, but I'm planning to change that in 2018. The challenge is ... where to start!

See you on the Live Stream, Sundays at 2:00 p.m. Central US time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WiltshireJon
Level 2
Level 2

Re: mintCast in 2018

Post by WiltshireJon »

how about networking? Linux <> Linux <> Windows <> Android. And iThings for those who do.

It's pobably my incompetence but it's the one thing that still raises my blood pressure in Mint. My linux laptopS will read/write to windows shares but not the other way (talk to linux from windows). I can exchange files with Android using filezilla but not samba. One linux laptop will talk to the other with filezilla but not samba.

I've been using computers for work and play (MS-DOS, Windows 3.11 through to 10, assorted Sinclair, BBC Micro) for nearly 40 years but I'm a bit of a newbie on linux (did dabble with Ubuntu about 10 yrs ago). I'm a linux convert but Senior Domestic Authority needs windows for work. Networking in linux remains the one thing that is, for me, painful.

Thanks.
timapple

Re: mintCast in 2018

Post by timapple »

Sort of Mint related. There is a way to run cinnamon with i3 as the window manager. I've done it multiple times on Arch..maybe a fun challenge and topic.
Esbeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Nextcloud Integration

Post by Esbeeb »

Please cover Nextcloud integration with Linux Mint, especially as a possible alternative to Samba (but out in the cloud, with SSL-encryption).

Here you can currently get a free Nextcloud account, to try out on a Beta basis:
https://operationtulip.com/

Here's how to mount an SSL-encrypted WebDAV share from Nextcloud, within Nemo:
https://help.nextcloud.com/t/what-helpf ... ed/30226/5
--
- Linux Mint Mate, Asus Zenbook UX330U
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Nextcloud Integration

Post by rene »

Esbeeb wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 am Please cover Nextcloud integration with Linux Mint
Note Preferences -> Online Accounts -> Nextcloud.
Esbeeb
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Nextcloud Integration

Post by Esbeeb »

rene wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 pm
Esbeeb wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 am Please cover Nextcloud integration with Linux Mint
Note Preferences -> Online Accounts -> Nextcloud.
Thanks! I never noticed that before.
--
- Linux Mint Mate, Asus Zenbook UX330U

Return to “Programming & Development”