nvfcApp

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
spahrcK
Level 1
Level 1

nvfcApp

Post by spahrcK »

Nvidia GPU Fan Controller (nvfcApp)

Hello fellow Linux users,
I've created a (free) GTK3 GUI application that creates a modifiable 2D curve of [temp, fanspeed] points which automates control over a Nvidia GPU's fan speed based upon the GPU's temp (currently only supports 1 GPU). The application is based in python (v.3.6.5) and utilizes the Nvidia driver API to control the fan. I've spent the last month or so brewing it and feel like its at a point for testing. I'd like any feedback on what you like/don't like, or would like to see implemented. Any suggestions are welcome. If you're interested, you can download the python source files here and follow this guide on how to get it up and running. Also, if you're familiar with packaging python files and images within a .deb package for distribution, let me know, as I would really like to simplify the installation process as much as possible.

Currently tested and working on:
- Linux Mint 18.3
- Ubuntu Budgie LTS (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Enable, disable, and modify the fan curve profile:

Save current configurations or open and load previous configurations:

See system info and/or monitor current GPU utilization and stats:

Thank you for your time,
Matt
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Re: nvfcApp

Post by jimallyn »

Looks good. Thanks, Matt!
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Programming & Development”