How to get PRs reviewed and merged.

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
neo2308
Level 1
Level 1

How to get PRs reviewed and merged.

Post by neo2308 »

Hi All!
This is my first time contributing to an open-source project. With free time on my hands, I decided to look for issues to help out on, in the linux mint repo. I found this small issue on the blueberry repo: https://github.com/linuxmint/blueberry/issues/112
I read through the developer guide and worked on the issue. After opening a PR, I have waited for over a month now and am wondering if I have missed a step or something. How long does it usually take the linux mint team to review a PR? Do I need to get in touch with someone?
Here is my PR by the way: https://github.com/linuxmint/blueberry/pull/116
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to get PRs reviewed and merged.

Post by JosephM »

Just so you know, you didn't do anything wrong. It does sometimes take awhile for someone to get around to them. Eyes may just be elsewhere looking at other things and that repo isn't very busy. If it's been that long, don't be afraid to make another post on your PR asking if you can get some feedback for it's something the team wants.

For the first couple of months after a release, it's often bug fixes that you will see mostly merged. At some point there is usually a bug fix only follow up release for the packages that need it. More "feature" type releases usually get merged as we get closer to the next release.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
neo2308
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to get PRs reviewed and merged.

Post by neo2308 »

Oh, I see. I have put a comment on the PR. Thanks for the clarification, JosephM.

Return to “Programming & Development”