More widgets for xapps

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Axel358
Level 1
Level 1

More widgets for xapps

Post by Axel358 »

Could we get things like Toasts and the Handy
ViewSwitcher inside the xapps library? Maybe not the same exact widget but something alike. I feel like this things are relevant and very needed for modern desktop apps, a lot of times I've considered developing one or two xapps that i think the ecosystem needs but i find myself lacking that sort of thing. This is just a humble request from someone who knows absolutely nothing about C and can't actually make those things happen. I also apologize for my crappy English wich limits my ability to express my ideas
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: More widgets for xapps

Post by JosephM »

Not sure why there would be a need. If you want those things simply use the libraries that already provide them.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Axel358
Level 1
Level 1

Re: More widgets for xapps

Post by Axel358 »

Well, looking ahead, there's no libhandy on gtk4, there's libadwaita, which can't be used for anything else than GNOME apps, what I'm suggesting is something similar to what elementary did with the granite library.

Return to “Programming & Development”