"Project Mint Xmas" get into the spirit!

About programming and getting involved with Linux Mint development
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
germanix

"Project Mint Xmas" get into the spirit!

Post by germanix »

Xmas is just around the corner, a time for giving and showing our appreciation, and who deserves this more than the fabulous Mint Team who have worked so hard to provide us "free of charge" with the best distro around. Now is the time to show our appreciation by giving something back and making sure that the team has the best xmas yet. I suggest that we all show our appreciation by making a special "xmas donation" this and/or next month to the Mint Team. I myself have donated this month and commit myself to make another donation next month. Are you willing to "get into the spirit" with me. Post your commitment here? Let us show the team that we are behind them, not only with words but also with deeds.
Let us all make this the best Mint Xmas yet!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cra1g321

Re: "Project Mint Xmas" get into the spirit!

Post by cra1g321 »

if i get online banking setup then i will donate :)
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

I'm planning to make a couple of donations when my student finance comes though xD
cra1g321

Post by cra1g321 »

Carl wrote:I'm planning to make a couple of donations when my student finance comes though xD
Same Here 8)
ej64
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ej64 »

committed :D
+1
Thinkpad X220 with Samsung SSD running Xubuntu 13.04
I'm getting old gladly -- I don't like to die young ...
germanix

Post by germanix »

Thank you very much to those of you who have added your support. I was getting worried as over 80 people have read this post so far and no one seemed to support this idea, until you few people came along. I was beginning to think that no one cared but am now relieved and pleased to see that I need not have worried, the community does care.
It does take a lot of effort and money to produce and support a Distro of this quality, and as we want it, and use it, it is in our own best interest to support it as best we can. Most of the hard work (if not all) is done by a few people up there (the Team). They put in a lot of effort and give up their spare time in order that we may enjoy the fruits of their hard work. They need equipment (hard and software), office space, utilities, servers and broadband etc. As a community profiting from all their work we cannot expect them to carry the costs all by themselves.
The Team needs sponsors and contributions to make this work. If you just consider for one moment how much these few people have done with so little (compared to distros like Ubuntu who has huge financial backing and many full time employees) you have to take your hats off to these guys (and dolls?) Just think what they could achieve if they had more financial backing (allowing them to perhaps work full time on this project instead of part time after a hard days work elsewhere. Even with their limited resources this Mint Team have brought this distro to be the number 2 distro only behind Ubuntu.
No one charges you for this product, it is free to you, but comes as a high cost to others who spend many hours of their time to maintain and develop this distro. One should not always just be a taker in life, one should also give. So let us give, everyone what he can afford and as often as you can afford it. Costs are incurred every month, so if possible become a sponsor, even if it is only a small amount, if not, donate when you can and as regularly as you can. There are a lot of Mint users out there, so if all participate, we as a community can make this work.
So give what you can in the spirit of xmas (the spirit of giving). Show your support and let the Team see that their efforts are not in vain and appreciated by all us users.

Return to “Programming & Development”