[SOLVED] No sound in Adobe Flash

Archived topics about LMDE 1
myfreedom
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] No sound in Adobe Flash

Post by myfreedom »

I have no sound in any flash app. (Any browser or flash game) What to do?
I tried to get adobe-flash-plugin from Debian Unofficial but it looks like I must uninstall mint-debain (all packages in system) becouse of dependensies
Last edited by myfreedom on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

myfreedom
Level 1
Level 1

Re: No sound in Adobe Flash

Post by myfreedom »

No way?

ginjabunny
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ginjabunny »

don't worry about uninstalling "mint-meta-deabian" package as it doesn't seem to remove anything, I found this out recently when I removed flashplugin-nonfree and the manually installed the lastest version that I downloaded from the debian sid page, I just went into synaptic and put it back on afterwards.

I'm not sure what "mint-meta-deabian" is maybe someone can enlighten us?

GB

vincent
Level 8
Level 8

Post by vincent »

mint-meta-debian is just a meta-package, i.e. a package that doesn't actually have anything in it, but depends upon a selection of other packages. This is simply a convenient way to install groups of packages, and removing the meta-package itself is harmless. (See here for more info: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MetaPackages)
Debian Testing x64/LM9 Main x64/Windows 7 x64 - LG R580 laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Nvidia Geforce G 105M, Ralink rt2860 802.11n, 300 GB WD HD 5400 rpm

myfreedom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by myfreedom »

I've installed adobe-flash-plugin and adobe-flash-browserplugin. Doesn't work. Also I've tried to install chromium-ffmpegcodecs-extra, doesn't work too.

ginjabunny
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ginjabunny »

I have had problems with sound on both my LMDE systems (also on Mint9 and Ubuntu), and with most releases, it can get complicated and messy.

After I got the sound working on my laptop (by reinstalling the alsa drivers from source, which is actually quite easy), I too had a problem in Firefox and Flash in that the the sound would get stuck and repeat endlessly and I had to kill processes to stop it (firefox-bin, plugin-container), I got it working by removing the Pulse audio packages, I tried putting them back on later but the problem came back, so they are not installed and everything seems to be working.

BTW I downloaded Flash from from the Debian sid page http://packages.debian.org/sid/flashplugin-nonfree, installed using
dpkg -i flashplugin-nonfree_2.8.2_i386.deb

GB

myfreedom
Level 1
Level 1

Post by myfreedom »

So I solved problem by myself. I've just delete all of PulseAudio packages and now it's all right

secipolla
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [SOLVED] No sound in Adobe Flash

Post by secipolla »

ginjabunny, flashplugin-nonfree downloads and installs the plugin from Macromedia. So there's no need to reinstall the package, just run

Code: Select all

sudo update-flashplugin-nonfree
to update to the latest version.

Return to “LMDE 1 Archive”