Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox

Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
zonwet
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox

Postby zonwet » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 am

Hello! Is this the latest Linux Mint Fluxbox 8 set so that it would be the Finnish language as the default install it on your computer? If not, then how to do it?
I hope that you find out what I mean
what has been learned today is forgotten tomorrow

shane
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Linux Mint 8 Fluxbox

Postby shane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 am

The default language is English... You can choose Finnish during the installation.

The root menu has not yet been translated to Finnish... maybe you can help. It is only a few lines. viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21210

zonwet
Level 1
Level 1

Postby zonwet » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:12 am

shane wrote:The default language is English... You can choose Finnish during the installation.

The root menu has not yet been translated to Finnish... maybe you can help. It is only a few lines. http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21210

Thanks for your response. I'm trying to do a translation of that at some point, when you first install the distribution of computer and study it better, etc..
what has been learned today is forgotten tomorrow

shane
Level 6
Level 6

Postby shane » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:49 am

If you want to test it first before doing a full installation, you can run it as a Live CD and if you want a more permanent installation, you can run it in VirtualBox. VirtualBox creates a virtual computer on which you can then install Mint Fluxbox and test/learn it. It is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris.

Return to “Others”