Monthly News – May 2019

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – May 2019

Post by clem » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:40 am

pizzadude
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Monthly News – May 2019

Post by pizzadude » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:40 am

The new community site redesign is pretty nice. I noticed a problem with the "avatar button" on the top right of the page. When clicking it, the menu disappears too quickly. This is on the latest Firefox. It only seems to happen on the main page of that site.

Visit my blog LinuxSurge if you like websites that haven't been updated in over 2 years

gm10
Level 18
Level 18

Post by gm10 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:36 pm

Love the community site redesign. (Near) black on white, as it should be. I see you kept the icon - I'm still using it as my menu icon. I still find it hard to read at that the favicon size though.

And the python-xapp addition is very useful, I just wish GNOME/GTK's design of those widgets wasn't so wasteful on space.
Tune up your LM 19.x: ppa:gm10/linuxmint-tools

MrEen
Level 12
Level 12

Post by MrEen » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:17 pm

pizzadude wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:40 am
The new community site redesign is pretty nice. I noticed a problem with the "avatar button" on the top right of the page. When clicking it, the menu disappears too quickly. This is on the latest Firefox. It only seems to happen on the main page of that site.
Same issue with the latest Chrome. Not a pressing issue as there are links under My Places for both Profile and Logout, and no links back to the offending page from anywhere within the site it seems.

I was searching for some info last night and rather randomly hit a link to a community page and noticed the new layout before the announcement. I looked back and forth between the page and the URL a few times thinking, "This can't be right."

Before posting this I played around on the site a little bit. I really like it! And that hamburger thingie that hides the menu is great. Not sure why I get a kick out of that! :shock:

Return to “Releases & Announcements”