Monthly News – March 2021

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – March 2021

Post by clem »

hans123
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Monthly News – March 2021

Post by hans123 »

Clem discusses again the need to keep your Mint updated. In my experience I only see update messages after a reboot / restart on Mint Mate 20.1.
Usually I only Suspend my PC and only reboot once in 1 or 2 weeks.
The auto refresh settings are: First, etc: 0 days; 0 hours; 5 minutes. Then, etc: 2 days; 0 hrs; 0 minutes.
Update manager usually reports 'Your system is up to date'. But after clicking Refresh it does show updates.
So maybe, something is not completely correct. And not related to ignoring update messages on my part.
pgmer6809
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Update your computer

Post by pgmer6809 »

There is a difference between update and upgrade.
Like you I suspend my desktop, I rarely reboot it. But I still get frequent notices re updates.
In my system tray I have two icons: one tells me about notices (it has an exclamation mark !) typically this is a notice to upgrade to the next release, among other things.
The other looks like a coat of arms and it gets a little orange dot whenever there are new updates.
You can run Update Manager, and then edit the Preferences to have it check for updates automatically.
You can even apply them automatically, but I never do that.
pgmer6809

Return to “Releases & Announcements”