Linux Mint 5 Elyssa - BETA 032 is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
jasonwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa - BETA 032 is out!

Post by jasonwatkins »

ok don't be mean .. tell us where we can get 048 ... purleeeeeze :mrgreen:

(and yes, i've been googling .. )
cjrl

Post by cjrl »

I've found 048 on the mirror download site at HEAnet..
hotweiss

Post by hotweiss »

Downloaded 048 at a whopping 1.4 MB/s. Not only is Mint the best distro, but it has the best download speed. It installed just fine. Bluetooth is working once again. Microphone had to be enabled, but that's an ALSA thing.

One request, can you have this set as default:

echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/asus-laptop/ls_switch

The ambient light sensor is causing the computer to boot-up with a dim screen, in addition it takes away your brightness controls. The above command turns off the ambient light sensor and gives you back brightness control. This is as far as I know is an Asus notebook bug.
jasonwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jasonwatkins »

digital moonfish wrote:try here ;)

h**p://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/5/LinuxMint-5-BETA-048.iso

:shock: :lol:
cheers for that .. downloading now :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

IMPORTANT WARNING

BETA 048 hasn't been approved by Exploder yet. The only reason I pushed it out towards the mirrors is so we can quickly release it when and if Exploder gives the go ahead. Right now you're looking at an ISO which we don't know the quality of and there is a possibility that this ISO be deleted and replaced if something wrong is found about it.

Of course you can download it and have fun with it, but you should really wait for the announcements before you even consider this a BETA. There is absolutely no guarantee that this particular ISO (BETA 048) will be the one making it to the next public BETA release.

Clem.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”