Linux Mint 5 Elyssa RC2 (BETA 048) is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
FyrFyt
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Linux Mint 5 Elyssa RC2 (BETA 048) is out!

Post by FyrFyt »

red-e-made wrote:
Calvin wrote:It's because of flash 10 beta being included instead of the stable flash 9.
Indeed it is (although to be honest I haven't had any issues yet).

Regarding extensions in Firefox 3, it is possible. You just have to mess about in about:config. Don't worry, though - it's safe and reversible. Here's what you do:

1. Type about:config into Firefox's address bar and click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.

2. Right-click anywhere. Choose New>Boolean. Make the name of your new config value extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false.

3. Make another new boolean pair called extensions.checkUpdateSecurity and set the value to false.

4. Restart Firefox.

And that's it.
This should be made as ticky or something. Worked like a charm. Thank you. I get my DiggNation again.
dangbert1

Post by dangbert1 »

:(

It will load just fine on a clone phenom but will not load on a Gateway 5220. On the Gateway the Live CD gets to the point where it is looking at hardware and about to open the "X" server when it either reboots (the usual) on occasion, about 1 time out of five, the box locks up and I have to do a hardware restart.

Deb
will101

Post by will101 »

ThePif wrote:Couple of things found in RC2:
I cannot get my Bluetooth Mouse (Microsoft) to work, it is found and recognized as a mouse but immediately I get : file:///home/pif/Desktop/BluetoothMouseError.png (It says: Couldn't display "obex://[00:12:5A:6C:9B:43]/". Error: Host down; Please select another viewer and try again.
(this also happens with 032 and 8.04)

If I select the "Login screen Preferences" it takes almost forever to initialize the first time (later attempts are much quicker).

Otherwise sofar very good as far as I have gotten in giving it a workout on my Zepto Znote 6625WD (Santa Rosa, Core2 Duo 2.1GHz, GeForce8600M GT) (Dual boots just fine with Vista SP1 (about to leave the machine for the final version of Elyssa))

Keep up the good work
ThePif
I had the same problem with my logitech mouse but fixed by using some of the suggestions in this post. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup
george.herlin

Post by george.herlin »

Me too, but this is now the released version...

Launching synaptic
uvlt
Level 3
Level 3

Post by uvlt »

Elyssa is a really user friendly Ubuntu edition... Great Work!

A little bug(?), already mentioned: When i try to open a folder as root, first off all i see a warning that i am a root (I already know) then i get an error : "mount point /home/..username../.gvfs is not responding". Then everything seems to work OK. .... Any help?

Return to “Releases & Announcements”