Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" KDE RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" KDE RC released!

Post by clem »

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2378
The Dark Side

Re: Linux Mint 15 "Olivia" KDE RC released!

Post by The Dark Side »

Once Again…. Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team. I’ve testing yesterday and found it very stable, although it made her wish….. I think it was worth the wait. Linux Mint KDE is still wonderful !!!! Congratulations Linux Mint Team !!!! Thanks !!!!
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Nice! And thank you, Clem (et al).

One question: Since this is a new version of Mint and it does include Xfce, does the version of Xfce incuded in it have anything newer than the version found within Mint 14? In other words... A few months ago I found out about and added the Xfce 4.10 and 4.12 PPAs to my sources list, and each one gave me several updates. Would all of these updated components be included in Mint 15 Xfce? Others? None?

Obviously, there are a lot of improvements/features added in Mint 15. I'm just wondering if the parts specific to the Xfce DE and its related components/apps (Thunar (v. 1.6.3 looks solid/stable), Orage (v. 4.8.4 does, too), et cetera) are newer versions as well?

Regardless, thanks again,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
RavenLX

Post by RavenLX »

Congratulation! Glad to see this because I love KDE! :) I'll be waiting for the official final release though. I would test but don't have the time right now. Maybe another version some day.
yugiohfan2012

Post by yugiohfan2012 »

Mucking with partitions makes me queasy... Are there any plans to include the mint4win installer in the KDE edition? Or is there a standalone mint4win program that I can use with the KDE version?
RavenLX

Post by RavenLX »

Why not install Mint4Win and then install KDE from apt-get or KDE's latest PPA? I would think that would work just as well as if it were included in installation?
bigj231

Post by bigj231 »

yugiohfan2012 wrote:Mucking with partitions makes me queasy... Are there any plans to include the mint4win installer in the KDE edition? Or is there a standalone mint4win program that I can use with the KDE version?
I like using virtual machines when I don't want to create new partitions. It's slower than a real install, but you also have several extra nice features. Such as save states.
northwood

Post by northwood »

Thanks for all the hard work on Mint. I've been using it since version 7, its a great distro. I have recently been using 15RC and am finding it excellent. Any idea how much longer until it becomes a final release? 8)
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

northwood wrote:Thanks for all the hard work on Mint. I've been using it since version 7, its a great distro. I have recently been using 15RC and am finding it excellent. Any idea how much longer until it becomes a final release? 8)
1 Day ago fredg Olivia KDE Edition amd64 (build #201307151211) 95% tested
1 Day ago fredg Olivia KDE Edition i386 (build #201307151211) 93.33% tested
I guess if they pass the test final then we should see the final release end of the week?
northwood

Post by northwood »

Lets hope so. I use Virtual Box inside both Mac and Win, Mint 14 did not play nicely within VBox, but 15 KDE runs beautifully. 8)
RavenLX

Post by RavenLX »

I've used Mint 14 in VirtualBox inside of Windows 8 about a year ago and it worked very nicely. In fact, that is why I made the leap to wipe out Win8 and install Mint 14 permanently on my laptop. Goes to show you YMMV on some platforms and versions of VirtualBox.

Great news that 15 KDE is out now. I'm eagerly waiting for the KDE version of 17 LTS though before I wipe 14 and put 17 on my machines.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”