Linux Mint 16 "Petra" Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
PKing

Re: Linux Mint 16 "Petra" Cinnamon released!

Post by PKing »

As a newbie i only can say good work.
I use the 64 bit version on a 6 core amd with 8 gb memory, and it looks to work flawless.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Did clean install of 16 MATE and really does graphics faster now that MDM is trimmed back. For some reason caja file manager doesn't show my /boot partition as separately mounted, even though it is. Seems to be found in the /boot section under File System now. For my onboard ATI Radeon system (AMD 785G chip) I swapped to the fglrx driver when once the MDM failed to load for the other fglrx-updates driver. There was a program Nadia had which I can't find in Petra, where various fine tune adjustments to MATE system could be made and a lot inside was labeled "schema". I do wish it was still there. Overall though, I'm glad I made the move to Petra from Nadia, it's worth the effort to do so.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
Previous1

Post by Previous1 »

There was a program Nadia had which I can't find in Petra, where various fine tune adjustments to MATE system could be made and a lot inside was labeled "schema". I do wish it was still there.

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install dconf-tools
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

Previous1 wrote:
There was a program Nadia had which I can't find in Petra, where various fine tune adjustments to MATE system could be made and a lot inside was labeled "schema". I do wish it was still there.

Code: Select all

sudo aptitude install dconf-tools
THANK YOU!

That's it. I was wracking my brain trying to remember what it was, and had searched through everything MATE related in Synaptic and not found the program I was looking for. It's really a handy program to have for certain tweaks.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Return to “Releases & Announcements”