Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” Cinnamon released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
Oldimbiber

Re: Linux Mint 17.1 “Rebecca” Cinnamon released!

Post by Oldimbiber »

Upgraded to Cinnamon 64 bit 17.1 two days ago from Cinnamon 17.0
It was the most seamless no problem upgrade that I have ever had. :-)
Congratulations to the Mint team!
botus

Post by botus »

Awsome release :D
MALsPa
Level 8
Level 8

Post by MALsPa »

It's been awhile since I've looked in on Linux Mint. Running the live session of Mint 17.1 Cinnamon, from a flash drive, done with Unetbootin. Looks like a very nice release!
cdenney9100

Post by cdenney9100 »

i am always crashing
morphias

Post by morphias »

I recently installed this and havent had those annoying crash dialogs for compiz like I was having with Ubuntu. I can't wait to see what 17.2 will bring!
krustybaguette
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Rebecca 17.1

Post by krustybaguette »

vl1969 wrote:A silly question, can I use 17.1 on older laptop? I have a 6yo. Hp amd laptop with 4gb ram. It is running an ope suse 13.1 now but I want to move to mint. Will it work?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
I'm on a Lenovo X60, circa 2005 with 3GB of RAM. 500 GB hdd + a second drive for Win. No more Virtual Box, dual booting,
etc. Backing up my /home was weird I think because I had used it as a shared space with a Win dual boot when I first installed LM13 a few years back. Hidden files supposedly added up to more than the size of the hdd :?:

I'm a little late to the party but I just...finally...upgraded from the LTS support version LM13 and am very happy so far. My only issue continues to be reinstalling items not downloaded from repositories. However, I was happy to find the latest version of WINE available. That's been a big problem in the past. Ditto Keepass2 installed from repos AND didn't require any fussing with mono since that's baked into WINE :P

Last issue is one I usually struggle with when upgrading! I backed up a three+ year old version of my Thunderbird profile. So all the changes (filters, address book, etc.) since then are lost. However, I may be able to download the mail from the Google servers for my two gmail accounts.

Loving Rebecca so far.

krusty
I.K.

Post by I.K. »

What are you doing with Linux Mint?

A am using Linux Mint since Olivia was released. On the beginning was Linux Mint great solution. But now Linux mint became even worst than Windows 7. Every update on the system, browsers or flash etc... just slowing down my computer. By example Draftsight vas running smoothly on the Olivia, but now on the Rebeca I can't move even a cursor.

If someome knows what is going on, please give some answer here.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

I.K.
Please don't post tech support questions on Announcements
Post your question in a support section instead
I would suggest this one http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=47
ravenheart

Post by ravenheart »

I think I installed Linux Mint, for the first time, about 4 years ago, and it was love at first sight after having suffered with Windows problems for more than a decade. I just recently did a fresh install, going from 16 to 17.1 Cinnamon 64. Everything went super smooth. I think I spent a grand total of about 3hrs, and that included checking my backups prior to install. I really couldn't ask for an easier install. Lots of little improvements in this new release that I didn't even know I was missing until I used them, and of course, I'm now on a supported version again and getting current security fixes & firefox updates. (As an important side-note to any new or inexperienced Mint users, if you're not on an LTS version (13 or 17, I believe), you're no longer receiving security fixes or browser updates, so you probably better get yourself updated as soon as you're able to.) Excellent work on this latest release. Thank you much.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”