Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
Post Reply
User avatar
clem
Level 12
Level 12
Posts: 4067
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 am
Contact:

Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by clem » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:47 am

Image

User avatar
phd21
Level 16
Level 16
Posts: 6572
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by phd21 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Thank you "clem",
and all the Linux Mint Developers and maintainers !!!

Already have it installed and working.

So far, so good. As of yet, I have not encountered any negative issues.

:)
Phd21: Mint KDE 17.3 & 18.3, 64-bit Awesome OS, Ancient Dell OptiPlex 780 Core2Duo E8400 3GHz,4gb Ram,256gb SDD, Video: Intel 4 Graphics, DVD Lightscribe. Why I use KDE?:https://opensource.com/life/15/4/9-reasons-to-use-kde

The Dark Side
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:58 pm
Location: En el Lado Oscuro !!
Contact:

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by The Dark Side » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:10 pm

Many thanks and Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team !!!! Tested and Install KDE and works really great in this Edition !!!! Thanks again.-

Really it's an edition of KDE fabulous, like Linux Mint 17.2, it feels wonderful to work with this version.-
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon
Linux Mint 17.3 KDE
Manjaro Linux XFCE (OpenRC)
Pisi Linux 2.0 (Beta)

myface64
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by myface64 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 am

Is that stable version?. I installed beta version and works fine. Will I have to download and re-install or updates will turn in stable?. Thanks

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23
Posts: 17830
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by Cosmo. » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:51 am

Yes it's stable release. Apply level 1 updates in the update manager.

myface64
Level 3
Level 3
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:49 am

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by myface64 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:33 am

Thank you

jeffjohn
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by jeffjohn » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:37 am

Very nice, stable and 'clean' - works well on ancient Dell Optiplex GL270!
However as previously noted, Kleopatra still fails. "GPG-Agent Connectivity"; no problem with KUbuntu (or Win 7).

User avatar
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:40 am
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by Lolo Uila » Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:27 am

I seed the Linux Mint ISO torrents 24/7 on my file server, but lately I've been getting an error 403 on just the 64-bit KDE version of Linux Mint 17.3. All others are fine.

I checked my local permissions and all are fine.

I checked the md5 and sha256 for the ISO and it's fine.

I even deleted the torrent file and re-downloaded it. It verified my ISO then promptly gave me the same error.

linuxmint-17.3-kde-64bit.iso
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)

Any idea why I'm getting this error?
Everyone thinks I'm crazy (except my friends deep inside the earth).

niclasc
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:22 am

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by niclasc » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:01 pm

Lolo Uila wrote:I seed the Linux Mint ISO torrents 24/7 on my file server, but lately I've been getting an error 403 on just the 64-bit KDE version of Linux Mint 17.3. All others are fine.

I checked my local permissions and all are fine.

I checked the md5 and sha256 for the ISO and it's fine.

I even deleted the torrent file and re-downloaded it. It verified my ISO then promptly gave me the same error.

linuxmint-17.3-kde-64bit.iso
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)

Any idea why I'm getting this error?
I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)
Linux Mint 18.1 x64 Cinnamon, Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic

User avatar
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:40 am
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by Lolo Uila » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:48 pm

niclasc wrote:I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)
Interesting that you can't re-download it. I just deleted my torrent and moved my ISO and when I grab the torrent again it does download the ISO, in spite of the error. It's just not seeding it.

In the past when I have run into that error is has been a permission issue on my server. This time it seems like the problem is on the other end, because I checked and even reset permissions on my server and nothing changed.

Someone on the Mint team should look into this.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy (except my friends deep inside the earth).

niclasc
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:22 am

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by niclasc » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Lolo Uila wrote:
niclasc wrote:I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)
Interesting that you can't re-download it. I just deleted my torrent and moved my ISO and when I grab the torrent again it does download the ISO, in spite of the error. It's just not seeding it.

In the past when I have run into that error is has been a permission issue on my server. This time it seems like the problem is on the other end, because I checked and even reset permissions on my server and nothing changed.

Someone on the Mint team should look into this.
It did start to download after a long while. So now its 100% downloaded, but still the same error
Linux Mint 18.1 x64 Cinnamon, Kernel 4.4.0-53-generic

User avatar
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:40 am
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by Lolo Uila » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:01 pm

niclasc wrote:...
It did start to download after a long while. So now its 100% downloaded, but still the same error
Did your error go away. My sever is no longer showing the 403 error, so it looks like it was fixed.
Everyone thinks I'm crazy (except my friends deep inside the earth).

Post Reply

Return to “Releases & Announcements”