Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by clem »

phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 “Rosa” KDE released!

Post by phd21 »

Thank you "clem",
and all the Linux Mint Developers and maintainers !!!

Already have it installed and working.

So far, so good. As of yet, I have not encountered any negative issues.

:)
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
The Dark Side

Post by The Dark Side »

Many thanks and Congratulations to the Linux Mint Team !!!! Tested and Install KDE and works really great in this Edition !!!! Thanks again.-

Really it's an edition of KDE fabulous, like Linux Mint 17.2, it feels wonderful to work with this version.-
myface64

Post by myface64 »

Is that stable version?. I installed beta version and works fine. Will I have to download and re-install or updates will turn in stable?. Thanks
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Yes it's stable release. Apply level 1 updates in the update manager.
myface64

Post by myface64 »

Thank you
jeffjohn

Post by jeffjohn »

Very nice, stable and 'clean' - works well on ancient Dell Optiplex GL270!
However as previously noted, Kleopatra still fails. "GPG-Agent Connectivity"; no problem with KUbuntu (or Win 7).
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

I seed the Linux Mint ISO torrents 24/7 on my file server, but lately I've been getting an error 403 on just the 64-bit KDE version of Linux Mint 17.3. All others are fine.

I checked my local permissions and all are fine.

I checked the md5 and sha256 for the ISO and it's fine.

I even deleted the torrent file and re-downloaded it. It verified my ISO then promptly gave me the same error.

linuxmint-17.3-kde-64bit.iso
Tracker returned an error: Tracker gave HTTP response code 403 (Forbidden)

Any idea why I'm getting this error?
Everyone thinks I'm crazy (except my friends deep inside the earth).
niclasc

Post by niclasc »

Lolo Uila wrote:I seed the Linux Mint ISO torrents 24/7 on my file server, but lately I've been getting an error 403 on just the 64-bit KDE version of Linux Mint 17.3. All others are fine.

I checked my local permissions and all are fine.

I checked the md5 and sha256 for the ISO and it's fine.

I even deleted the torrent file and re-downloaded it. It verified my ISO then promptly gave me the same error.

linuxmint-17.3-kde-64bit.iso

Any idea why I'm getting this error?
I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

niclasc wrote:I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Interesting that you can't re-download it. I just deleted my torrent and moved my ISO and when I grab the torrent again it does download the ISO, in spite of the error. It's just not seeding it.

In the past when I have run into that error is has been a permission issue on my server. This time it seems like the problem is on the other end, because I checked and even reset permissions on my server and nothing changed.

Someone on the Mint team should look into this.
niclasc

Post by niclasc »

Lolo Uila wrote:
niclasc wrote:I have the same problem. I was seeding fine. But then it stopped. I then deleted the torrent and now I try to download again. But its not working. It never starts to download. I get the same error:
Interesting that you can't re-download it. I just deleted my torrent and moved my ISO and when I grab the torrent again it does download the ISO, in spite of the error. It's just not seeding it.

In the past when I have run into that error is has been a permission issue on my server. This time it seems like the problem is on the other end, because I checked and even reset permissions on my server and nothing changed.

Someone on the Mint team should look into this.
It did start to download after a long while. So now its 100% downloaded, but still the same error
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

niclasc wrote:...
It did start to download after a long while. So now its 100% downloaded, but still the same error
Did your error go away. My sever is no longer showing the 403 error, so it looks like it was fixed.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”