New Forum Moderators

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics.Please do not add support questions to threads here,use the appropriate support forum instead
User avatar
xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24
Posts: 21468
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

New Forum Moderators

Postby xenopeek » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:41 am

We have expanded the moderation team with new global moderators Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem and WharfRat, and new local moderators Cosmo. (for German forum), hatteras and JCSenar (for Spanish forum), and Laurent85 (for French forum). They have all proven themselves to be knowledgeable and valuable contributors. We welcome them to the team and wish them all the best in their new role.
Image

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Fred Barclay » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:08 am

Congrats guys (and gals)! It's been great working with you on the forums and I know you'll all do well in your new positions.
Have fun! :D
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

User avatar
Lucap
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 1:40 am

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Lucap » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:17 am

Does this mean we have to be extra nice to them? :P

User avatar
Pjotr
Level 19
Level 19
Posts: 9012
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:18 am
Location: The Netherlands (Holland)
Contact:

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Pjotr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:47 am

@ Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem, WharfRat, Cosmo. , hatteras, jcsenar and Laurent85: thanks for your willingness to spend time and effort on this volunteer job! Good luck. :)
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Cosmo.
Level 22
Level 22
Posts: 15636
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Cosmo. » Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:47 am

Lucap wrote:Does this mean we have to be extra nice to them? :P


No. Be nice to all members. Then all will be happy.

User avatar
JCSenar
Level 8
Level 8
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Irun, España
Contact:

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby JCSenar » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:37 am

Cosmo. wrote:
Lucap wrote:Does this mean we have to be extra nice to them? :P

No. Be nice to all members. Then all will be happy.

I think the same. Thank you all.
Image
Si tu consulta ha sido resuelta, por favor, edita tu primer mensaje y añade [SOLUCIONADO] al título. Gracias.

User avatar
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5313
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby killer de bug » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:44 am

Congrats to all new team members. I'm glad you joined us.
What an amazing team we have now: memberlist.php?mode=team
Image
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

User avatar
mwbworld
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby mwbworld » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:32 am

Congrats all!
- Michael

User avatar
Crewp
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: Connecticut,USA

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Crewp » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:48 am

Congratulations to you all.
Image

User avatar
all41
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3571
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 am
Location: Computer, Car, Cage

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby all41 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:48 am

xenopeek wrote:We have expanded the moderation team with new global moderators Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem and WharfRat, and new local moderators Cosmo. (for German forum), hatteras and JCSenar (for Spanish forum), and Laurent85 (for French forum). They have all proven themselves to be knowledgeable and valuable contributors. We welcome them to the team and wish them all the best in their new role.

Good people--thanks to all for their voluntary efforts
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

JeremyB
Level 17
Level 17
Posts: 7558
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:17 am

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby JeremyB » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:23 pm

all41 wrote:
xenopeek wrote:We have expanded the moderation team with new global moderators Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem and WharfRat, and new local moderators Cosmo. (for German forum), hatteras and JCSenar (for Spanish forum), and Laurent85 (for French forum). They have all proven themselves to be knowledgeable and valuable contributors. We welcome them to the team and wish them all the best in their new role.

Good people--thanks to all for their voluntary efforts


You get paid to do this? PM me with details :lol:

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Fred Barclay » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:38 pm

JeremyB wrote:You get paid to do this? PM me with details :lol:

Yeah, my brother gives me a stipend for "Public Communications".
(Knowing wink to all41).
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein

xdicey
Level 4
Level 4
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby xdicey » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:06 pm

That's wonderful. Awesome of you guys to take on the responsibility. Along with many others here, each of you has helped me solve many of my LInux issues. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Rafaela Cinnamon 17.2, V 2.16, 64 bit, Kernel: 4.4.0-45
DELL Inspiron2350
-AIO TouchScreen
-QUAD CORE Intel Core i7-4700MQ CPU (-HT-MCP-) 2.40GHz x4
-12GB RAM, 1 TB SSHD
-Graphics Card: Intel 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

User avatar
Reorx
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3813
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: SE Florida, USA

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Reorx » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:42 pm

Pjotr wrote:@ Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem, WharfRat, Cosmo. , hatteras, jcsenar and Laurent85: thanks for your willingness to spend time and effort on this volunteer job! Good luck. :)

+1 :mrgreen:

Best,
- Michael -
Image

User avatar
all41
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3571
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 am
Location: Computer, Car, Cage

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby all41 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:24 pm

JeremyB wrote:
all41 wrote:
xenopeek wrote:We have expanded the moderation team with new global moderators Habitual, JeremyB, jimallyn, Moem and WharfRat, and new local moderators Cosmo. (for German forum), hatteras and JCSenar (for Spanish forum), and Laurent85 (for French forum). They have all proven themselves to be knowledgeable and valuable contributors. We welcome them to the team and wish them all the best in their new role.

Good people--thanks to all for their voluntary efforts


You get paid to do this? PM me with details :lol:


I do hope the Christmas bonuses won't be late again this year. :P
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

Cosmo.
Level 22
Level 22
Posts: 15636
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:34 am

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Cosmo. » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:37 am

all41 wrote:Christmas bonuses

Having one post free? :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5313
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby killer de bug » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:54 am

JeremyB wrote:You get paid to do this? PM me with details :lol:

Nobody told you about our special package? :lol:
Image
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

JeremyB
Level 17
Level 17
Posts: 7558
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:17 am

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby JeremyB » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:56 pm

killer de bug wrote:
JeremyB wrote:You get paid to do this? PM me with details :lol:

Nobody told you about our special package? :lol:


Never heard about the special package. I can't believe a welcome to new moderators doesn't have one mention of
Everyone Panic!!!

Things seem to be going good though :D

User avatar
all41
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3571
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 am
Location: Computer, Car, Cage

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby all41 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:48 pm

With all the new mods the Mint blue theme has more colors than crayolas
Proud to be a supporter and monthly contributor to Mint.

User avatar
Fred Barclay
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:12 am
Location: Bumping around in the bush

Re: New Forum Moderators

Postby Fred Barclay » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:54 pm

all41 wrote:With all the new mods the Mint blue theme has more colors than crayolas

:lol:
I was thinking the same thing!
Image
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein


Return to “Releases & Announcements”