Return of the minty green forum style!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
shawnhcorey
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Return of the minty green forum style!

Post by shawnhcorey »

Yay, minty green is back. :) :) :) :mrgreen:
Don't stop where the ink does.
pdhunter1987

Post by pdhunter1987 »

Great work Xenopeek and everyone else involved!
Love the green!
turtlebay

Post by turtlebay »

Well done, that's more like it!
MMcD488
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MMcD488 »

I love it! I had been missing the old minty green theme that was here when I started and I'm so glad it is back. Thanks to everyone involved!
New Linux enthusiast
Old Mint box - Dell XPS m140 running Mint 18.2 32-bit with XFCE and LXQt
bartszu
Level 4
Level 4

Post by bartszu »

Thanks Xeno for moving my mean comment to this thread :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Thanks xenopeek and zohall!
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
norm.h
Level 5
Level 5

Post by norm.h »

A most welcome reversion - luv it, and thanks to all.
deleted

Post by deleted »

Ahh... now my avatar blends better with the forum ;)
-Hinto
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I keep reading this topic as 'Return of the mighty green forum style!'
And it works either way.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Crewp

Post by Crewp »

Love the green. :mrgreen:
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Got used to the lost Minty Green again pretty quickly. :)
Only got rid of the "wide" property. So it is "Minty" here.
Easier to read and shorter ways for the mouse in many cases on my office monitor, 1680x1050 (16:10).
My home monitor is an old 19 inch screen with 1280x1024 dots (4:3) anyway, where it does not make a difference.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
Matrix7

Post by Matrix7 »

Really like it over the blue!!
DeMus

Post by DeMus »

Matrix7 wrote:Really like it over the blue!!
Really like the blue over it!!
GreenLynx

Post by GreenLynx »

Green's my favorite color! Yay!

Blue reminds me of Windows. Yuck.
PussyCat

Post by PussyCat »

Great to see it back! Thought one of my remasters had performed a miracle...

And what's wrong with green and pink? Great for PJ's - if I wore them!
Last edited by PussyCat on Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

Hey, you not wearing them says it all as far as I'm concerned...
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Post by MtnDewManiac »

racer-x wrote:And here I thought it was a bug on my computer.
Me, too! Well... Assuming the Mr. Yuk ("Mr. Yuk is green," lol) wasn't the result of another script-kiddie incident, my next thought was that it was a bug.

It is reassuring to read that the change to my User CP settings was - although both unrequested and unappreciated - harmless, easy to correct, and merely a sign of an overzealous staff member who had the misplaced thought that he/she was "helping" me.
racer-x wrote:Not crazy about the green theme, looking forward to getting back to blue.
Same here.
racer-x wrote:No offence.
And again.

I do wish that, when people make changes/additions to things, that they would not also decide that every person who uses that thing not only wants said change, but wants it so much that those people all wish their settings to be changed to the new change. However, as has been noted, it is a change that I can - and will - quickly correct in my User CP... And I didn't have to pay someone to spend time on this... improvement. So, as they say down South way, "No worries!"

On a more positive note: Having more options is (much of the time) appreciated, as not everyone likes the same things. And it IS nice that you have choices for both widescreen and pre-2000(?) CRT monitors. I do wish that this was NOT tied to our forum color/etc. choice, though. Actually, what I really wish (in that regard) is that such a thing would be tied to our web-browser window's width and (I suppose) font-size settings, so that it would be a dynamic thing. OtOH, having a screen upon which things are displayed in too narrow a fashion by at least two "browser zoom steps" does ensure that I can make the text size two sizes larger in the process of correcting the "page is way too narrow" issue. And that... means that I have some hope of being able to read it. So this way does have that in its favor.

And it just occurred to me that this change can be looked at as a sign of good things, lol: When one's house is on fire, one generally does not spend time knitting crocheted doorknob covers :roll: - which I take to mean that the Powers that Be (here) can see nothing wrong with either the distro or the forum software that their time would be better spent on. (Actually, I would be happy to help you "see" the latter - but it is usable at any rate.)

Please do NOT decide to help my by changing my language setting to Aramaic or Martian, and please do NOT change the default screen orientation. Also, if you are thinking about adding "cool" sound effects... Don't. Just, please, don't.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MtnDewManiac wrote:It is reassuring to read that the change to my User CP settings was - although both unrequested and unappreciated - harmless, easy to correct, and merely a sign of an overzealous staff member who had the misplaced thought that he/she was "helping" me.
Not even that. Just the side effects that can happen when work is being done behind the scenes. No overzealousness, and nothing personal.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Post by 1.618 »

Great to see the green boards again! :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

MtnDewManiac wrote:And it IS nice that you have choices for both widescreen and pre-2000(?) CRT monitors. I do wish that this was NOT tied to our forum color/etc. choice, though.
Feedback from testers was that some preferred to not use the entire width of their widescreen monitor for the forum content. For those users there is the limited width option. Either style will work fine on any monitor it's just that the widescreen style will use the entire width of the monitor, regardless of how wide it is, and the other style is capped at a maximum width.

Various reasonable requests have been made but I won't please everybody as then I'll have a hundred thousand customized styles to maintain :wink: That's what user styles are for (example viewtopic.php?f=60&t=234488&start=120#p1248525; I think it is enough to set a user style of #wrap { max-width: none; } to make prosilver lm be widescreen). Right now we're only considering adding a high contrast style suitable for people with bad eyesight or vision impairment.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”