Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” Xfce – BETA Release

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
MMcD488
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Linux Mint 18.1 “Serena” Xfce – BETA Release

Post by MMcD488 »

I just installed this on my laptop last night and it is great. I actually love the new desktop backgrounds in Serena so much that I couldn't choose one and set it to switch every 10 minutes. They're really breathtaking! As always, XFCE is rock-solid. I really like the new prominent "Elevated Privileges" bar when running XED as root. Great Work Everyone!!
New Linux enthusiast
Old Mint box - Dell XPS m140 running Mint 18.2 32-bit with XFCE and LXQt
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Rockin' it since yesterday.
dishdude

Post by dishdude »

Installed on an ancient single core laptop. Impressed with how well it's running on this old hardware.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

I had to ditch it.
I lost a visual element (taskcoach timer in Notification Area didn't 'show')
My terminator rolled up on launch, until compositing was disabled.

I'm stuck on my customized oxygen-theme also.
I"m a dinosaur.

Code: Select all

System:    Host: my-kungfu Kernel: 4.4.0-59-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Xfce 4.11.8 Distro: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca
until the wheels fall off, I guess.
matelot1958
Level 1
Level 1

Post by matelot1958 »

Posted this issue on the Beta blog for information - Wondered whether anyone here can offer a 'quick' solution before I do another download and install to see if I can resolve the problems!

Loaded Beta yesterday without any trouble and all works fine - Except:-
1 - Cannot access the Apps option, either via the Welcome Screen or the Main Menu (Software Manager) - both routes ask for my password, which is accepted, and then, after a few seconds the Software Manager screen briefly flashes on the screen (but it's empty) and then disappears. Nothing then happens.
2 - Same problem with the Firewall Configuration option from the Main Menu - Asks for my password, which is accepted, and then briefly flashes the Firewall Option screen (again, empty) and then - nothing happens!

Everything else seems to be working fine and there was no problem with the download and install - as this is a Beta release, I accept there will probably be issues, but looking on the Beta Blog (72 posts) I can see nothing similar to what I'm experiencing. Any offers please?
Best wishes,
Keith

Return to “Releases & Announcements”