Monthly News – July 2017

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Monthly News – July 2017

Post by clem »

BG405
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Monthly News – July 2017

Post by BG405 »

Thanks very much for posting this Clem. It's really appreciated, as is the work done to get LM18.2 (KDE in my case) looking and working so well, plus the features which hadn't been reintroduced as per LM18.1, at least in the KDE edition.

Having spent a considerable time programming on 8-bit computers a long time ago (C64 first with BASIC and then on to 6502 machine code) I can appreciate the effort which goes in to this, even if 6502 is a sprat compared to the coding skills required for modern operating systems. I actually wrote a GUI for the C64 with proportional mouse support, animation for events (icons, pointer etc.) and made it (sort of) a modular system, at least as far as drivers and, to a degree, external programs were concerned.

Using Linux for the past year and a half has provided a wealth of knowledge and given me the impetus to pick up where I left off, borrowing more than a few ideas I'll admit. It's got the old forgotten parts of my brain working once more!

Anyway, thanks again. I'll certainly be sticking with Mint for the foreseeable future and will be recommending LM18.2 now rather than 17.3.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE

Return to “Releases & Announcements”